Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Intake Induction

                  
   
  1. #1

    Intake Induction

    I recently went to the dealer to purchase and have installed a new battery. It was recommended to have an intake induction service. It should be done at 30k. I'm at 50k. I called around to other shops that specialize in foreign vehicles. I was told the service is just a mark up. I don't really need it on a 2008 528xi. What do you think? Should I go ahead and service my car or can I wait a little longer?

  2. #2
    Senior Member pseto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    4,852
    What dealer is this?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

    2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

    Check out our NCC Facebook Page

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ncorley View Post
    I recently went to the dealer to purchase and have installed a new battery. It was recommended to have an intake induction service. It should be done at 30k. I'm at 50k. I called around to other shops that specialize in foreign vehicles. I was told the service is just a mark up. I don't really need it on a 2008 528xi. What do you think? Should I go ahead and service my car or can I wait a little longer?
    The only "intake" service I can imagine is changing an air filter, or cleaning the throttle body? Did they also suggest lubing the muffler bearings?

  4. #4
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by ncorley View Post
    I recently went to the dealer to purchase and have installed a new battery. It was recommended to have an wallet reduction service. It should be done at 30k. I'm at 50k. I called around to other shops that specialize in foreign vehicles. I was told the service is just a mark up. I don't really need it on a 2008 528xi. What do you think? Should I go ahead and service my car or can I wait a little longer?
    Fixed.Name:  cashwallet.gif
Views: 65
Size:  5.6 KB

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    The only "intake" service I can imagine is changing an air filter, or cleaning the throttle body? Did they also suggest lubing the muffler bearings?
    And don't forget the blinker fluid every 2 years.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-18-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  5. #5
    Junior Member mOlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    12
    ^^^^ What Steven said. Direct injection motors (1/3/535s) we are finding to be another story. Your engine is just fine.
    Last edited by mOlson; 01-18-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    RRT Service and Fabrication come visit us here

  6. #6
    Senior Member mdepena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by mOlson View Post
    ^^^^ What Steven said. Direct injection motors (1/3/535s) we are finding to be another story. Your engine is just fine.
    Great to see the RRT guys here. They do fabulous work! My E36 M3 just loves that place.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Schrick Intake Manifold (M52) for E36
    By classifieds mgr in forum Classifieds Section
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 10:42 AM
  2. Damn ... look at the CSL's intake
    By NoSoup4U in forum Off topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 10:43 AM
  3. FYI for an M50 intake manifold DIY
    By Jed in forum Do It Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 06:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •