Hi - I'm a long time BMW owner, but new BMWCCA member. Here's a quick bio and BMW history:

Name: Tom Freeman
Home: Rockville, MD
Profession: IT guy, working for a govt contractor
Car history: I've been a car guy my whole life, from Matchbox and Hot Wheels as a kid to a variety of cars as an adult. I started autocrossing in 1998 and did my first HPDE in 2001. I started doing LeMons and Chumpcar races in 2008.

History of BMWs
(1) 1976 2002
Hopelessly rusty pile of junk that I bought to restore. It was far more work than I was capable of, so it sat for 2 years before I sold it.

(2) 2000 323it
My daily driver for 7 years, sold to a friend last summer. Best car I ever owned.

(3) 1986 325e
My first LeMons car. It's been through 6 races and managed to win the 2009 Spring LeMons event at CMP. It's currently sans motor at a friend's home in NC.

(4) 1982 528e
This was supposed to be a LeMons/Chump car, but time and budget did not allow for development. The infamous Alonzo Taylor now owns this fine vehicle

(5) 1987 325is
This is my current fun car. The suspension is about 95% Spec E30, but it still has a full interior and is street legal. I hope to run my first DE in the car at the Tarheel chapter event in Feb.