Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/21/2012 - 04/22/2012 - HPDE @ Shenandoah Circuit
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/21/2012 - 04/22/2012 - HPDE @ Shenandoah Circuit

04/21/2012 - 04/22/2012 - HPDE @ Shenandoah Circuit

Details to be announced.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I am so there, can't wait...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

I plan to attend this event.

Tim

Count me in.

I'm certainly interested. How can I be notified when the details are posted?
    Michael
    Current: 2009 MX-5 Miata in X4.
    In Prep: 1995 MX-5 Miata in X4.

Also, can anyone tell me how an NCC DE event compares with NASA's HPDEs or SCCA's PDXes?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
    Also, can anyone tell me how an NCC DE event compares with NASA's HPDEs or SCCA's PDXes?
    Hopefully someone who has experienced NASA and SCCA will chime in since I can only comment on threads I have read elsewhere. BMW CCA DEs usually have more of an emphasis on Education and are more controlled. Or rather, not as loose as other organizations. Not to say one is better or worse than the other, they are just different to some degree.

There are some organizations that will sign you off pretty quickly. Most BMW CCA schools definitely emphasis car control techniques.
    For people who just want to drive fast on the straights, a BMW CCA school is not for them. Doesn't take a lot of skill to hammer the gas pedal in a straight line.
    Then again, I have a relatively low hp car so I can't wait until the next turn.

Do you have another car other than your Miata for a DE?
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I'm setting up my '95 MIata as a track car. (My previous track days were in an '04 Mazdaspeed Miata, now sold.) So, I'm right there with you on the low-power front. I'm interested in learning as much car control as possible, so, if the BMW CCA schools emphasize technique, I'm quite interested.

One more question: The '95 has a roll bar, race seats, harnesses, and a hard top. I know some organizations are hesitant to admit open-top cars, regardless of their safety equipment. Will my car be OK with NCC, assuming it passes technical inspection?
    Michael

No verts allowed
    I'm setting up my '95 MIata as a track car. (My previous track days were in an '04 Mazdaspeed Miata, now sold.) So, I'm right there with you on the low-power front. I'm interested in learning as much car control as possible, so, if the BMW CCA schools emphasize technique, I'm quite interested.

One more question: The '95 has a roll bar, race seats, harnesses, and a hard top. I know some organizations are hesitant to admit open-top cars, regardless of their safety equipment. Will my car be OK with NCC, assuming it passes technical inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by towhook mike View Post
    No verts allowed
    It's a good thing my car isn't a convertible, since it doesn't have a soft top. But seriously, can anyone confirm this? Seems like you'd be eliminating a significant fraction of BMW drivers.
    Michael

towhook mike is correct. Roll cage or not, if it came from the factory designed for "open air" motoring, it isn't allowed.

It's a good thing my car isn't a convertible, since it doesn't have a soft top. But seriously, can anyone confirm this? Seems like you'd be eliminating a significant fraction of BMW drivers.
    As stated above, this is correct. No convertibles permitted, even with super safety equipment.

There are many other organizations that run at Summit Point that permit convertibles. I'm sure you've already found them, but if you need help, please let me know! Don't know your track experience, but if it's your first time getting out there, you're going to have a blast.

Thanks for the info. I know SCCA and NASA will let open-top cars run; in the 4 track days I did with NASA, the Miata was the most popular car.

Thanks again.
    Michael

Thanks for the info. I know SCCA and NASA will let open-top cars run; in the 4 track days I did with NASA, the Miata was the most popular car.

Thanks again.
    I think you will find for profit companies generally allow convertibles, some with no more than the factory hoops.
    Some BMW chapters will allow convertibles with approved rollbars and safety equipment. They generally require a logbook from a known sanctioning body.
    This is important because there is no way someone teching cars would know if it was properly installed. I recall seeing a rollbar that wasn't even secured to the chassis making it extremely dangerous in any incident Our insurance rates are also based on following minimum standards.

Personally I feel open top cars are at a greater risk when gravel traps are near track out.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Damn there is this, autocross, and ///M Club Day all on the same weekend. I want to do all 3!

Thread Information