Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/21/2012 - 04/22/2012 - HPDE @ Shenandoah Circuit - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 04/21/2012 - 04/22/2012 - HPDE @ Shenandoah Circuit

There is plenty of room. The Shenandoah event can easily accommodate at least 60 or more students.

Quote Originally Posted by TimR View Post
    I'm registered!
    How many entrants are they allowing?

Thanks,
    Tim
    BonBahn

Do you allow mid 1980's Porsche 911 Targas in thr DE events? I assume they are not kept out under the convertible rule or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by 84Targa View Post
    Do you allow mid 1980's Porsche 911 Targas in thr DE events? I assume they are not kept out under the convertible rule or am I wrong?
    Porsches and other marques are welcome (a 911 and Cayman are among the registrants). But convertibles aren't allowed for safety reasons. Per the Event Requirements: "Convertibles, SAVs, SUVs, retractable hardtops, T-tops, trucks, vans, motorcycles and rental cars are not allowed." Sorry!
    BonBahn

Sorry to be a bit dense but are you saying a Targa is definitely classified convertible and is therefore excluded? Porsche does make true convertibles but the Targa is not one of them as I'm sure you know. I realize rules change and is the reason for my question but years ago when I instructed for BMW CCA I drove the Targa at DE events.

Sorry to be a bit dense but are you saying a Targa is definitely classified convertible and is therefore excluded? Porsche does make true convertibles but the Targa is not one of them as I'm sure you know. I realize rules change and is the reason for my question but years ago when I instructed for BMW CCA I drove the Targa at DE events.
    I don't think a Targa is being classed as a convertible, but more as an open roof.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Just checked with the NCC DE Coordinator and the answer is no Targas. Not even recently constructed Corvette Targas are permitted to run. It has nothing to do with classification as a convertible, just a basic safety issue. If there were a rollover in an 80s-era Targa, however unlikely, it would be a serious safety issue for the driver and instructor.

BonBahn

Thank you for checking.

Hello! I'm a new member and I've signed up for the event. I live in Alexandria and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a shop for the tech inspection. I drive a 2011 Cooper S. I know it's early, but I want to ask now, rather than forget about it until a week before the event. Many thanks.

Brian

Try (1) Bill Shook at Kraftwagen. Bill is the former DS Coordinator.

Kraftwagen, Inc. 5641 General Washington Dr # O, Alexandria, Virginia22312
    (703)941-0733

or (2) Alexandria Bavarian Service, 416 E. Raymond Ave., Alexandra (off Jeff Davis Hwy 1 mile south of Porsche of Arlington), tel. 703.836.2002 is a dB advertiser and may offer tech inspections. Some are offered free of charge if you say you are a BMW Club member (or you are a customer).

Quote Originally Posted by bhegg View Post
    Hello! I'm a new member and I've signed up for the event. I live in Alexandria and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a shop for the tech inspection. I drive a 2011 Cooper S. I know it's early, but I want to ask now, rather than forget about it until a week before the event. Many thanks.

Brian
    BonBahn

Perfect! Thank you very much.

Brian

Have a helmet question: I have a open faced SA2005 rated helmet, does this meet the HPDE safety requirements? I've heard that open faced helmets aren't allowed, but I read in the Tech Inspection document:
    "Snell 2000 or newer helmet; check for Snell sticker"

Quote Originally Posted by Hops View Post
    Have a helmet question: I have a open faced SA2005 rated helmet, does this meet the HPDE safety requirements? I've heard that open faced helmets aren't allowed, but I read in the Tech Inspection document:
    "Snell 2000 or newer helmet; check for Snell sticker"
    They are allowed, although probably not recommended.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

How likely is it that the Beginner group (D?) fills up? Tight on money right now but have my eyes on making it out for this one.

Ok, I'm registered. I can't wait.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an inspection shop in Montgomery county?
    2011 E90 M3 Sedan | BMW Welt Delivery on 09.20.2011

Quote Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
    Ok, I'm registered. I can't wait.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an inspection shop in Montgomery county?
    I like Dan Martin's shop.
    http://www.danmartinsautoservice.com/
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information