Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69

Thread: 04/21/2012 - 04/22/2012 - HPDE @ Shenandoah Circuit

                  
   
  1. #31
    Senior Member dbonner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    100
    There is plenty of room. The Shenandoah event can easily accommodate at least 60 or more students.

    Quote Originally Posted by TimR View Post
    I'm registered!
    How many entrants are they allowing?

    Thanks,
    Tim
    BonBahn

  2. #32
    Do you allow mid 1980's Porsche 911 Targas in thr DE events? I assume they are not kept out under the convertible rule or am I wrong?

  3. #33
    Senior Member dbonner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by 84Targa View Post
    Do you allow mid 1980's Porsche 911 Targas in thr DE events? I assume they are not kept out under the convertible rule or am I wrong?
    Porsches and other marques are welcome (a 911 and Cayman are among the registrants). But convertibles aren't allowed for safety reasons. Per the Event Requirements: "Convertibles, SAVs, SUVs, retractable hardtops, T-tops, trucks, vans, motorcycles and rental cars are not allowed." Sorry!
    BonBahn

  4. #34
    Sorry to be a bit dense but are you saying a Targa is definitely classified convertible and is therefore excluded? Porsche does make true convertibles but the Targa is not one of them as I'm sure you know. I realize rules change and is the reason for my question but years ago when I instructed for BMW CCA I drove the Targa at DE events.

  5. #35
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,433
    Quote Originally Posted by 84Targa View Post
    Sorry to be a bit dense but are you saying a Targa is definitely classified convertible and is therefore excluded? Porsche does make true convertibles but the Targa is not one of them as I'm sure you know. I realize rules change and is the reason for my question but years ago when I instructed for BMW CCA I drove the Targa at DE events.
    I don't think a Targa is being classed as a convertible, but more as an open roof.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  6. #36
    Senior Member dbonner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    100
    Just checked with the NCC DE Coordinator and the answer is no Targas. Not even recently constructed Corvette Targas are permitted to run. It has nothing to do with classification as a convertible, just a basic safety issue. If there were a rollover in an 80s-era Targa, however unlikely, it would be a serious safety issue for the driver and instructor.


    Quote Originally Posted by 84Targa View Post
    Sorry to be a bit dense but are you saying a Targa is definitely classified convertible and is therefore excluded? Porsche does make true convertibles but the Targa is not one of them as I'm sure you know. I realize rules change and is the reason for my question but years ago when I instructed for BMW CCA I drove the Targa at DE events.
    BonBahn

  7. #37
    Thank you for checking.

  8. #38
    Hello! I'm a new member and I've signed up for the event. I live in Alexandria and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a shop for the tech inspection. I drive a 2011 Cooper S. I know it's early, but I want to ask now, rather than forget about it until a week before the event. Many thanks.

    Brian

  9. #39
    Senior Member dbonner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    100
    Try (1) Bill Shook at Kraftwagen. Bill is the former DS Coordinator.

    Kraftwagen, Inc. 5641 General Washington Dr # O, Alexandria, Virginia22312
    (703)941-0733

    or (2) Alexandria Bavarian Service, 416 E. Raymond Ave., Alexandra (off Jeff Davis Hwy 1 mile south of Porsche of Arlington), tel. 703.836.2002 is a dB advertiser and may offer tech inspections. Some are offered free of charge if you say you are a BMW Club member (or you are a customer).

    Quote Originally Posted by bhegg View Post
    Hello! I'm a new member and I've signed up for the event. I live in Alexandria and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a shop for the tech inspection. I drive a 2011 Cooper S. I know it's early, but I want to ask now, rather than forget about it until a week before the event. Many thanks.

    Brian
    BonBahn

  10. #40
    Perfect! Thank you very much.

    Brian

  11. #41
    Have a helmet question: I have a open faced SA2005 rated helmet, does this meet the HPDE safety requirements? I've heard that open faced helmets aren't allowed, but I read in the Tech Inspection document:
    "Snell 2000 or newer helmet; check for Snell sticker"

  12. #42
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Hops View Post
    Have a helmet question: I have a open faced SA2005 rated helmet, does this meet the HPDE safety requirements? I've heard that open faced helmets aren't allowed, but I read in the Tech Inspection document:
    "Snell 2000 or newer helmet; check for Snell sticker"
    They are allowed, although probably not recommended.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

  13. #43
    How likely is it that the Beginner group (D?) fills up? Tight on money right now but have my eyes on making it out for this one.

  14. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    26
    Ok, I'm registered. I can't wait.

    Does anyone have a recommendation for an inspection shop in Montgomery county?
    2011 E90 M3 Sedan | BMW Welt Delivery on 09.20.2011

  15. #45
    Senior Member 1996 328ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    3,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
    Ok, I'm registered. I can't wait.

    Does anyone have a recommendation for an inspection shop in Montgomery county?
    I like Dan Martin's shop.
    http://www.danmartinsautoservice.com/
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

    318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chapter Event 09/08/2012 - 09/09/2012 - HPDE @ Jefferson Circuit
    By 1996 328ti in forum HPDE sponsored by Specr53.com
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 04:05 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
  3. Chapter Event 03/25/2012 - NCC Winter 2011-2012 Karting Event #10
    By webmaster in forum Karting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 02:26 PM
  4. Chapter Event 02/19/2012 - NCC Winter 2011-2012 Karting Event #7
    By webmaster in forum Karting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 08:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •