Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
SCCA Driver's School

Thread: SCCA Driver's School

SCCA Driver's School

This weekend I instructed at the SCCA Driver's School at Summit Point. There were 42 students in the small bore group and, in my opinion, this was the best group I've ever seen.
    I had two students and a new SCCA Instructor I had to mentor. All did bery well.
    Was anyone else there this weekend?
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

There were a couple of NCC members in the school. Dan Martin was in the T2 M3, #3. The others were in the white e30, ITS #0 and the other black e36, ITS #36. I dont think any of them read this board. We were paddocked back in the woods. It was Dan's second school and the first for the other 2 drivers. I think the the first timers may be going to Nelson to finish their school requirements so you may see them at a MARRS race later this year. Dan is planning on doing the BMW CCA race at SP in August with the NJ chapter.

School

Quote Originally Posted by JoelG
    There were a couple of NCC members in the school. Dan Martin was in the T2 M3, #3. The others were in the white e30, ITS #0 and the other black e36, ITS #36. I dont think any of them read this board. We were paddocked back in the woods. It was Dan's second school and the first for the other 2 drivers. I think the the first timers may be going to Nelson to finish their school requirements so you may see them at a MARRS race later this year. Dan is planning on doing the BMW CCA race at SP in August with the NJ chapter.
    These guys were in the big bore group, and I was instructing in the small bore group, so I wouldn't have seen them. I guess I won't see them when they do MARRS races either, since I'm off at the Nationals.

In my view, this was one of the best Driver's Schools we've had in years. Ask Dan and the others what they thought of the school. Any feedback, positive or negative is welcome, as we use it to try & improve things.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

i was there on sunday checking out the new crop of its drivers. great school! wish i could have instructed, but couldn't make it out there for saturday.

barry, who was your student instructor? dave?

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    i was there on sunday checking out the new crop of its drivers. great school! wish i could have instructed, but couldn't make it out there for saturday.

barry, who was your student instructor? dave?
    It was Al Gervais.
    And, he did an excellent job.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

I was up in the tower doing race control. Overall a good school. Everyone did what they were supposed to do.

sp scca school

I was in the #0 E30 325iS / ITS car and as Joel mentioned, this was my first SCCA school. What a hoot. As long as you don't get killed during the start, it looks like racing will be a lot of fun.

School was great! Negative feedback: Saturday schedule seemed to be a bit confused. It was mostly instructors who were annoyed by it. My instructor seemed quite PO'd that his printed schedule was so far off that he was basically in the dark about what was going on. In general, students don't have time to be worried about things like screwed up schedules.

Positive feedback: ignoring the schedule issue mentioned above, it was amazing to see how well the event ran. Everyone from the pit controllers to the tech inspectors seemed so well coordinated it was almost scary. Top notch event.

I am trying to work out how to pull of the Nelson Ledges school. Lack of a tow vehicle/trailer makes the distance a bit of an issue (i live < 1 hr from SP). Coordinating crew could also be an issue. We'll see...

Group 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pharr
    I was in the #0 E30 325iS / ITS car and as Joel mentioned, this was my first SCCA school. What a hoot. As long as you don't get killed during the start, it looks like racing will be a lot of fun.

School was great! Negative feedback: Saturday schedule seemed to be a bit confused. It was mostly instructors who were annoyed by it. My instructor seemed quite PO'd that his printed schedule was so far off that he was basically in the dark about what was going on. In general, students don't have time to be worried about things like screwed up schedules.

Positive feedback: ignoring the schedule issue mentioned above, it was amazing to see how well the event ran. Everyone from the pit controllers to the tech inspectors seemed so well coordinated it was almost scary. Top notch event.

I am trying to work out how to pull of the Nelson Ledges school. Lack of a tow vehicle/trailer makes the distance a bit of an issue (i live < 1 hr from SP). Coordinating crew could also be an issue. We'll see...
    With an ITS car you had to be in big bore (Group 3). I was in Group 1 and we had no schedule problems at all. Everything ran very smoothly.
    Our Group Chief has been doing this for many years, and maybe that made the difference.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Thread Information