Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
IMPORTANT: NCC Autocross Membership Requirement - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: IMPORTANT: NCC Autocross Membership Requirement

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    They should get rid of Roundel and knock $10 a year off the membership.
    Not to take it off topic, but...
    To many, MANY people it's a $48 subscription. People absolutely love Roundel. Hard to believe but there are many Roundel only readers in the club.
    I have suggested an e-membership. Reduced cost and everything totally digital. Problem is in advertising. Advertisers can understand how many issues are mailed each month.
    The still don't understand the digital world. At least not our advertisers. Maybe if the CCA website had a lot of traffic it would be different.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    They should get rid of Roundel and knock $10 a year off the membership...

Dealer discount is nice, but there are a dozen places online where you can get OEM parts for less than the CCA discount at the local dealers...

Perhaps they should just offer a "BMWCCA Motorsports Membership" for half the price of a regular membership - because most of those X class drivers have no need for the "extras" that come with CCA membership. And as noted above, alot of events were like 50% non-BMWs. I got several buddies to come to NCC events last year as walk-ups - they definitely won't come if membership is needed, regardless of a free event or not, since many of them just came to 1 or 2 events anyhow.
    For some reason people love the Roundel. For the avid BMW owner that want's to know what BMW is up to it's a great mag.

The discount is great if you own a newer BMW/MINI and need service or parts. I had to have a steering sensor replaced on my Z3. Dealer only repair. The discount from my CCA membership was enough to pay for 2 years’ worth of membership. So it can make a big difference.

We know that the membership requirement will have a significant impact on our attendance. Especially our walk-ups. Unfortunately we have no other option but to abide by this rule. NCC is in an odd position because of the strong competition of the other autocross programs in the area. However the "issue" that is driving this requirement is most likely going to affect a few of the other autocross programs in the area in the very near future so you may see more of these type of requirements soon anyway.

Lastly, keep in mind that NCC has over 5000 members. We are a very small part of that membership base. Many CCA members are only concerned about the discount and the magazine. The rules and regulations are for the overall good of the club. Trust me, I have explained that a large part of our autocross attendees have no interest in any of the other programs or extras that the club offers.

We were one of the few BMW autocross programs in the country that was open to non-members. We hope that some of you will see that we put on a fun program and feel that were worth the additional $18 that it will end up costing you to run with us. But we know we will lose some of you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

The Windy City (Chicago) chapter of the BMW club has had a long-standing rule that non-members could only participate in their autcrosses if (1) they were pre-invited by a member (one guest per member) AND (2) they were driving a BMW or Mini. I don't know how the national club's new requirement affects them.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    The Windy City (Chicago) chapter of the BMW club has had a long-standing rule that non-members could only participate in their autcrosses if (1) they were pre-invited by a member (one guest per member) AND (2) they were driving a BMW or Mini. I don't know how the national club's new requirement affects them.
    That will change. It's not that participants need to be members, all money collected must be from club members.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information