Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/17/2012 - AutoX School @ Bowie Baysox Stadium - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 03/17/2012 - AutoX School @ Bowie Baysox Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Well I'm getting up in years and haven't heard of those groups, except for The Zombies.(1966)
    I'm pretty sure thats the wrong zombies !

AutoX

I can't see any of these events on the Motorsportreg.com calendar.
    - John
    '72 BMW 2002tii (fjord)
    '97 BMW 318iS
    '89 Porsche 944

Quote Originally Posted by Turkis_tii View Post
    I can't see any of these events on the Motorsportreg.com calendar.
    Our events are not listed on MSReg yet. Registration is only open for season subscribers as of now. They will become public when registration opens for the first event this Saturday.
    Phil

OK, What do you think is the best type of music to listen to while autocrossing? I lean toward Wagner, but some hard rock can be equally inspiring,such as Foreigner and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Inline Six.
    I'd say Flight of the Valkyries over top of the inline six might make for the most adrenaline filled minute of your life.

Edit: Actually I do have a real question. I have a list of a few things that I have, and a few things that I've been considering buying for a while.
    Have:
    number tape
    air pump, gauge
    HD videocam w/ secure mount
    light flexible shoes
    bag full of random tools

Want:
    helmet
    padded neck support
    small fire extinguisher

Are there any suggestions for other things that a frequent autocrosser might need? I'm sure I could function fine with just a helmet, but I imagine there are things that veterans find useful when you're 2 hours away from your garage/fridge.
    Last edited by Sir Awesome; 02-24-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Awesome View Post
    Actually I do have a real question. I have a list of a few things that I have, and a few things that I've been considering buying for a while.
    Have:
    number tape
    air pump, gauge
    HD videocam w/ secure mount
    light flexible shoes
    bag full of random tools

Want:
    helmet
    padded neck support
    small fire extinguisher

Are there any suggestions for other things that a frequent autocrosser might need? I'm sure I could function fine with just a helmet, but I imagine there are things that veterans find useful when you're 2 hours away from your garage/fridge.
    If your looking to buy something I'd suggest a magnetic number set so you don't have to use tape. And your own helmet is always nice. I just picked one up from SPS Solotime for $89. Otherwise, looks like your set!

I would suggest some snacks and at least 1 water bottle. Sun screen is always a good idea. If the forcast looks like rain, umbrella, rain coat, maybe some trash bags to put your stuff in and keep dry or a sealed bin.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Cooler with lots of drinks is a must!

We bring so much crap that we usually show up to an event with the autocross car and a support vehicle.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

-An extra t-shirt and pair of socks
    -Mechanix gloves
    -Food
    -Water

OK, What do you think is the best type of music to listen to while autocrossing? I lean toward Wagner, but some hard rock can be equally inspiring,such as Foreigner and such.
    The only music for me will be the whine of my supercharger at high revs

I am definitely looking forward to the class with my MINI friends and hopefully, my new BMW friends

A friend and I are thinking about coming to watch a bit, as we've never done autocross and are just interested getting a little exposure to it before signing up for one. Any recommendations on a good time to arrive?
    Thanks!
    -Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SWatson View Post
    A friend and I are thinking about coming to watch a bit, as we've never done autocross and are just interested getting a little exposure to it before signing up for one. Any recommendations on a good time to arrive?
    Thanks!
    -Steve
    The best time to come out and get an idea of what an autocross is like would be sometime after 1:00PM. Students will be driving the full course by then. If you have to come in the morning anytme after 10 would be good. Students will be driving half course activities but you should be able to get an overall idea.

Let us know if you have any questions!
    Phil

Thanks Phil! We'll likely be there around 10 as I have some afternoon commitments.
    Cheers,
    -Steve

I guess I was one of the lucky ones to sign up in time for the 3/17 school. Looking forward to a season of avoiding cones!
    If you are avoiding them you are not pushing hard enough

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Hey Etherpool, I have been trying to register for a couple of days but it says that the event is full.

I could not register sooner because I did not know if my RX7 was going to be ready and I do not want to run my 350z this year like I did last year.

Let me know if the registration opens for a couple more drivers or if we could at least do walk-ins (even if we have to pay the extra money...)

Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Ooops, Sorry. I just noticed that it is the School. NOT the first points event

Im good then!

Thread Information