Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Tire Low Warning Light and Yellow Triangle with Exclamation Point - ?

Thread: Tire Low Warning Light and Yellow Triangle with Exclamation Point - ?

Tire Low Warning Light and Yellow Triangle with Exclamation Point - ?

OKay, so I am taking the lazy way out and asking on this forum. If my Tire Low light comes on when it gets cold, is that anything to worry about? Do I just need to reset it? Also, the little yellow triangle light with the exlamation point comes on when the car is in drive. I have a feeling that I will have to call the dealer tomorrow and at least get the thing looked at. I learned something at the Meet n Greet last week that I have to take it in for anyway...

Help is most surely appreciated! Good Night...
    lrosie89
    2009 328xi - Lil' Red

Have you checked your tire pressures?

Quote Originally Posted by lrosie89 View Post
    OKay, so I am taking the lazy way out and asking on this forum. If my Tire Low light comes on when it gets cold, is that anything to worry about? Do I just need to reset it? Also, the little yellow triangle light with the exlamation point comes on when the car is in drive. I have a feeling that I will have to call the dealer tomorrow and at least get the thing looked at. I learned something at the Meet n Greet last week that I have to take it in for anyway...

Help is most surely appreciated! Good Night...
    The yellow triangle warning is a result of your having ignored a yield sign in the last 5 miles! LOL, probably will be true in a few years. I actually have several lights on a new truck I drive that I can't tell what they mean, 1 looks like a razor, do I need a shave?!., I have taped over 2 erroneous lights on the M coupe,someday I'll take the bulbs out.(airbag and brake pad). Your tire pressure warning is just a pita reminder to check tires monthly, now you have a low one.

Go check your tire's pressure (very easy) and check it against what is on the driver's side door jamb. Its probably something like 32psi in the front and 35psi in the rear. When it gets cold outside, tires tend to lose a little more air. Once you verified the air pressure, reset the TPMS and you should be fine.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Actually this tire pressure loss in cold weather is a pretty cool demonstration of the gas law, where pressure and temperature are proportional; so as the temperature drops, so does tire pressure. Of course, the opposite happens in warm weather and one spring I found my tire-pressure at about 35psi.

Pretty cool to a geek like me, anyway.
    - Gina -

If you do not trust people, people will not trust you. -Lao Tzu-

So....it sounds like I shouldnt put more air in the low one, just reset the . Checked the pressure and the back tire is lower than the others. I will just reset and be done with it. Thanks.
    lrosie89
    2009 328xi - Lil' Red

So....it sounds like I shouldnt put more air in the low one, just reset the . Checked the pressure and the back tire is lower than the others. I will just reset and be done with it. Thanks.
    TPMS won't reset unless you add enough air to get to the recommended range
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

You need to get ALL of your tire pressures to the proper level. A "reset" won't accomplish anything if one tire is low.

Try to not overly rely on the TPMS. Know your tire pressures by measuring them - and correct issues when you find them.

You all would be proud. MEasured the tire pressure and put air in the tires and reset the light! They were really low! Thanks!
    lrosie89
    2009 328xi - Lil' Red

Thread Information