Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Help mounting Harness

Thread: Help mounting Harness

Help mounting Harness

Hello,

I am about get harness for my 89 325i. I do not have any roll bars or roll cage. I will be also replacing my seats to Corbeau racing seats. Do you know how these should be mounted?

Here is a picture of the harness I am getting.
    http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg...?pid=37&cid=13 You can click on the picture to enlarge it.

Also, does anyone know if there should be any mounting tools or kits for a Corbeau seat with a bracket? Here is the seat I am getting.
    http://www.store.yahoo.com/racingsup.../cofoiibl.html

Thanks alot

You CANNOT do it without a rollbar/rollcage/harness bar. The angles of the harnesses, no matter what you do, would be improper. They could actually cause you more injury than help you. Notwithstanding the problems associated with having a fixed back seat and wearing harnesses in the event that your car flips over.

You should also purchase the seat from www.apexperformance.net : Ask to speak with linda powell and tell her James Derry referred you from bimmerforums. She will make you a better deal on the corbeau seats and harnesses. Trust me.

Your best bet, would be to purchase schroth clip-in harnesses (www.hmsmotorsports.com) -- Linda also sells these; but, hms has a better write-up about them (not sure if they make them for your car though -- I think they do).

I would not run the five points like you are thinking without at minimum, a harness bar.

To pre-empt your questions:

a) I do not believe anyone makes purely a harness bar for your car. They might, I remember brey-krause makes harness bars; but, not sure if its for an E30. Otherwise, you'll have to get it custom done. I would recommend Kearney Racing.

b) a 4 point roll bar would be better. You can buy a four point from kirk racing in AL and ship it. Should be less than $500 total. Ask to speak with Linda. www.kirkracing.com

c) could have a custom 4 point made for around $1K-$1300.
    Last edited by NoSoup4U; 03-18-2005 at 09:35 AM.

Thank you so much for your reply. Very helpful. I actually purchased both the seats and harness from Linda at Apex Performance. She gave me a good deal on the Harnes. Let's see, I may have to call now and do something else about the harness.

Thanks again.

Banned

Harness Bars

I have heard of harness bars collapsing. Would never trust one at drivers school.
    You need a bar or cage. Know a student and an instructor who were saved by the fact the car did not have harnessess when the E36 coupe rolled over. Old timers know the incident I am talking about. The roof partially collapsed and the fact their seat belts allowed them to move probably saved their lives and prevented serious neck and back problems. They walked away. There are serious g loads generated in any accident at the track. Drivers have been decapitated by sheet of paper in high g load accident.

Thread Information