Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Reviews of WagonWorks Auto Body in Arlington VA

Thread: Reviews of WagonWorks Auto Body in Arlington VA

Reviews of WagonWorks Auto Body in Arlington VA

My 335i convertible was damaged in the rear at in parking lot accident, pulled the rear bumper nearly off. Does anybody have experience using Wagon Work auto body in Arlington?
    The reviews are mixed, but quality is high.

Every time I've used them, they've taken at least a month to do minor repairs (one time, they had a car for over a month to repair a fender) and I was disappointed by the quality. The basic problem with them is that the insurance companies HATE them, so everything takes a lot longer while they go through the approval process. That and they massively over-thin the paint, so that the "orange peel" texturing doesn't match the rest of the car. It'd actually be great on a complete repaint, but it just doesn't look good on only a portion.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Gotta laugh, just yesterday I was appalled at the orange peel on a new Mustang beside me at a light, my 1st driveway paint job was much smoother, the Stang actually looked like it was done with a quality roller.

First Choice Auto is my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoltz52
    My 335i convertible was damaged in the rear at in parking lot accident, pulled the rear bumper nearly off. Does anybody have experience using Wagon Work auto body in Arlington?
    The reviews are mixed, but quality is high.
    I use Marks Auto Body in Baltimore. He does the best work I have seen. He has done some work on the bumper cover of my Black Sapphire m6 and my dad had some work done on his Bentley. He also does all of Towson BMW dealer work on new car damage. Painted a new front bumper cover off the car, matched it perfect, baked and buffed it, and then covered it with proform to combat future stone chips. It looks perfect and the work was complete in three days after the part was received which was five days total. I am a loyal customer for life. Estimates while you wait. I know it's far away from you but I believe it will be worth the drive

I've taken my Jet Black M3 twice, including a massive deer collision that damaged bumper, hood, door and quarter panel. Both times the work has been outstanding and I every time I got frequent detailed updates; that's a lot to say on a JB car, it will readily show mistakes and defects no other color will . There are 2 shops, one on Glebe and the other on 1; "Rav" always hanlded my car.

BTW you CAN'T judge a paint job on an unfinished car by the "orange peel" look because that is a function on proper buffing after the clearcoat is cured, NOT thinning of paint. That mustang was most likely awaiting buffing.

Quote Originally Posted by M3_AV8TR View Post
    I've taken my Jet Black M3 twice, including a massive deer collision that damaged bumper, hood, door and quarter panel. Both times the work has been outstanding and I every time I got frequent detailed updates; that's a lot to say on a JB car, it will readily show mistakes and defects no other color will . There are 2 shops, one on Glebe and the other on 1; "Rav" always hanlded my car.

BTW you CAN'T judge a paint job on an unfinished car by the "orange peel" look because that is a function on proper buffing after the clearcoat is cured, NOT thinning of paint. That mustang was most likely awaiting buffing.
    I've used them twice and my Dad used them once. The work on his old E36 was pretty good, aside from the fact that they forgot to bolt the window regulator back on. And that, again, it took months to do a relatively minor job. (Replace a door and do a little rear quarter work.)

When they replaced a fender and bumper on my 325xiT, it took a very, very long time, and it was obvious that the fender has been painted. They also had a sharp tape line on the inside of the fender, which made it completely obvious every time you popped the hood that one was different from the other.

When they repaired a small dent in the fender on my old E46 M3, it took 6 weeks(!) and they insisted on blending across half the car (hood and driver's door). And they didn't repair the rock chips in the hood before blending across it, so it looked godawful. (Not to mention the ripples in the clear coat.) While the color match was good, I could see the difference in the texture of the panels from a long ass ways away.) The worst part was that the only way to fix all of this was to have them paint EVEN MORE of the car as they would have had to completely re-do the hood. Ugh.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information