BMW TwinPower Turbos Take Two Spots on Ward's 10 Best Engines List

New TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder joins repeat winner TwinPower Turbo Inline-6

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – December 9, 2011…
BMW TwinPower Turbo technology takes two spots on Ward's 2012 10 Best Engines Awards list. This year, the all-new 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder (N20) joins the repeat winner 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline-6 (N55).

"TwinPower Turbo technology is a perfect example of the BMW EfficientDynamics philosophy," said Ludwig Willisch – President and CEO of BMW of North America, LLC. "With the ground-breaking combination of a twin-scroll turbo, high-precision direct injection and Valvetronic, both the TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder and the TwinPower Turbo inline-6 offer the performance of much larger engines without the penalty of more fuel consumption."

Early next year, the all-new 2012 BMW 328i Sedan will join the 2012 528i and Z4 sDrive28i as the next model to use the 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder. Based on preliminary EPA fuel efficiency estimates of 24 mpg city/36 mpg highway/28 mpg combined, the 328i with 8-speed automatic is the most fuel-efficient BMW model ever sold in the US. With a 0-60 mph time of 5.9 seconds, the 2012 328i is one full second quicker than the previous-generation 328i Sedan.

Download the entire newsletter.

More...