Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
The streak is over...

Thread: The streak is over...

Unhappy The streak is over...

Well it turns out the ticking/rattle of my engine wasn't the vanos or the DISA... The ticking was the sound of impending doom. At 330,793 miles and just over twelve years Sally-Sue's heart exploded on I-85 North just outside Burlington, NC. The engine locked up and is officially toast. Trying to figure out if I'm replacing the vehicle with another E46 or replacing the engine with perhaps a 3.0 liter... Any-who we have had an outstanding run and I would say that preventive maintenance helped me get this far... The engine was just tired and ready to go to lil engine heaven. I'll keep you posted on the next chapter in this bimmer saga!
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Sorry to hear Zach...time for that 6 series you've always wanted!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

aw that sucks to loose the engine, but does give you another opportunity
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Yes indeed, Zack. You two have had a great run. All the DIYs were exactly what kept the romance going.

Zach, I'd say at 330,000+ miles, that engine done you good. What year, model was it?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Zach, I'd say at 330,000+ miles, that engine done you good. What year, model was it?
    Guessing it was this one.
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/garage_ve...vehicle&id=133

I hope I get at least another 100,000 on my cars.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

00 E46 323i purchased brand new in Europe in 1999...
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

The M54B30 drops right in.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information