Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) Off Season Discussion

Thread: (2011) Off Season Discussion

(2011) Off Season Discussion

I know I had a great time this year and I hope everybody else did too. I am so glad I bought a season pass in Stock 1. It saved me a lot of money and time that I would have otherwise spent on mods. Anyway, the season is over, so, the summer tires are off and the winter tires are on.

What is everyone's plans for the winter season?
    I see an oil change in my immediate future (about 1k miles). I also see a more aggressive alignment in the spring. (need recommendations for both shops in MD and specs for e46 M3) Other than that, I am trying very hard to not fall down the slippery slope and bump a class, so, not much else planned.

Bob

We had a heck of a season, only real regret was a ton of schedule conflicts meant I only did one BMW event while the missus did two.

Off season? Would love to get another set of wheels & tires (15x7.5/195 R1Rs). I thought I could get another season out of the current R1Rs but two of them look like Hoosiers right now. Might get a lightweight battery to swap in for race days, maybe a race seat too. The car will go back to the alignment shop and I think I'll have them crank up the aggressive up a notch or two (it is still a street car so we have to keep that in mind). Aside from that, there's maintenance to be done.

The driver needs tweaking too, so we'll see what Evo schools pop up in the area.

The good news is that we didn't get burned out running a bunch of local stuff, a Tour, some other out-of-town stuff, and Nationals in 2011. We're still enthusiastic about what we're doing and very happy with how the car's running so we're looking forward to another full season in 2012, including another trip (or two?) to Nebraska.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

I may have a bit more work than most to accomplish considering the car is getting a new engine. And if I decide to run comp tires next year, a method to stockpile all the differentials I will break.

my plan for the winter is to finish the e30 rallycross build. I'll probably do a few autocrosses next season, but definitely not a full season. Will be seeing if an M10-powered 318 can hold its own in modified RWD class rallycross Probably not, but I need to change it up from autocross for a while.....

As to the Subaru, no plans for anything on the car, unless some decent front camber plates become available. So it will remain marginally-competitive for autocross for the time being, but remains a blast to daily-drive.

my build thread, if anyone cares:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=224191

Last edited by irish44j; 11-26-2011 at 10:58 PM.

My car is already pretty well prepped, but it will prepped to the T for a more national oriented schedule next year. 315 A6's on all 4, no more radio or AC, replacing the pass seat with an ultrashield, and going to tackle street prepared legal aero. Basically...it will be a trailer queen. Probably buy a bunch of springs and toy around with different rates and sway combos. Currently has 850f/700r springs on the car, but it will likely warrant a bit more rate with the larger A6's. I corded 2 sets of sticker A6's this year and one other set of scrubs...my tire bill for the year was .

Well this was my first season ever autocrossing and I had a blast! I only made it to 4 events and a school, so my goal for next year is to try and make the full season and keep on learning. Thanks to everyone at NCC BMW.

-Matt
    2011 Mazda 3 - Blue

If you had a blast last year, you are going to *LOVE* the coming season!

Bob

Looking forward to the new season. Putting in new braided brake lines, high temperature fluid, new lower temperature thermostat, new metal thermostat housing and possibly new competition seats.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

well I just crawled out from under the 318 after fighting the "bitch clip for a 1/2 hour, its 3/4 in and won't budge(UUC hard bushing), I even ground the end to a rounded point to help, with much grease,AARRGH!, this is the 3rd car this engine has been in(95 m3), but now has l/w flywheel, and maybe a vortec., but planning to have a/c this summer, guess I'm gettin' soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    well I just crawled out from under the 318 after fighting the "bitch clip for a 1/2 hour, its 3/4 in and won't budge(UUC hard bushing), I even ground the end to a rounded point to help, with much grease,AARRGH!, this is the 3rd car this engine has been in(95 m3), but now has l/w flywheel, and maybe a vortec., but planning to have a/c this summer, guess I'm gettin' soft.
    LOL - The bitch clip is awesome, ain't it?

Thread Information