Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 12/10/2011 - Pie Run to Catoctin Mountain Orchard - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 12/10/2011 - Pie Run to Catoctin Mountain Orchard

No way...this has GOT to be a joke, right? Im laughing my toosh off. Too funny!
    lrosie89
    2009 328xi - Lil' Red

No joke. It was incredible. A few of us have started calling the debacle "Occupy BFE" as it was reminiscent of the occupy movement - only forced and not about wall street.

It was the second group of cars that was stopped by the local residents. How come no one has commented on the actions of the first group of cars, i.e. speeding or other improper driving, that caused the locals to be so highly incensed that they blocked the road?
    Bob Stern
    MD BMW CLUB TAG # BMW 0868

Senior Moment - 2003 330Ci (gone)
    Blue Tang O - 2013 135i (now in her bed)

Indeed it was the actions of the first group of cars that caused the ruckus with the locals, but since I was in that second group that was detained by the very upset locals, I really cannot comment on what the first group was doing. The "road" that was blocked by the "gentleman" (term used very loosely here because he acted like anything but) was actually a very long private driveway that went up the mountain and ended at someone's residence. If some idiot hadn't been lost and lead us up there the aforementioned "gentleman" wouldn't have had the opportunity to block us in.

Oh - and for the record, the idiot who lead us up there was none other than me. It was my fault we ended up there but in my own defense, I was totally unfamiliar with the roads and they weren't marked and I was, well, lost.
    2008 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i

Sounds like you guys had quite an adventure?
    Sonny
    2006 M5 - Alpine White ; 2004 545i - Silver Grey ; 2004 X5 - Black

(Gone but not forgotten) 1998 540i - Oxford Green

Yes, an adventure. That's what I have been calling it when I tell people about it.

So the story tells me that the 1st group was lost as well,having enraged the locals in the driveway, was there a strange looking kid with a banjo on that road?

OH holy jeepers...I have GOT to go on the next one....sounds like quite a story....
    lrosie89
    2009 328xi - Lil' Red

Quote Originally Posted by lrosie89 View Post
    OH holy jeepers...I have GOT to go on the next one....sounds like quite a story....
    Guess I need to add this one.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I am amazed that no one from "The First Group of Cars" has joined this discussion to say - Where they drove (did they turn into the wrong driveway) - How they were driving - Any children or pedestrians near the road - etc. This is certainly the missing piece of the story.
    Bob Stern

Well, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the people in the first group of cars had either driven this route before or were at least familiar with the roads so they were not/did not get lost like the rest of us. It seems that they had no trouble figuring out where they were going so just went along to the next stop unknowing that the rest of us were lost. No one from the first group of cars knew of the situation until one of the members who were with us - the second group - called Algie to let him know what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by EvLwMn View Post
    Well, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the people in the first group of cars had either driven this route before or were at least familiar with the roads so they were not/did not get lost like the rest of us. It seems that they had no trouble figuring out where they were going so just went along to the next stop unknowing that the rest of us were lost. No one from the first group of cars knew of the situation until one of the members who were with us - the second group - called Algie to let him know what was happening.
    That may be accurate about them. My question remains, "What or how were they driving in order to, so strongly, irritate the people who live in that area?" Irritate them to the point of wanting to stop other BMWs driving in the area.
    Bob Stern

According to what I heard from the members who walked up to where the ruckus was taking place to deal with the situation, the local people claimed the first group of cars were driving very aggressively and were "going 100 miles an hour" through their neighborhood. Well to that my question is, how does he know how fast they were going? Does he have a radar gun?

Further, I was there and saw those roads. There is no way it is humanly possible to drive down those very twisty, turny roads at "100 miles an hour". In fact not even a professional race car driver could drive that fast through there.

That said, while I was not with that group of cars as we had obviously been separated from each other, it is my opinion that they were probably driving a bit faster than they should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by EvLwMn View Post
    According to what I heard from the members who walked up to where the ruckus was taking place to deal with the situation, the local people claimed the first group of cars were driving very aggressively and were "going 100 miles an hour" through their neighborhood. Well to that my question is, how does he know how fast they were going? Does he have a radar gun?

Further, I was there and saw those roads. There is no way it is humanly possible to drive down those very twisty, turny roads at "100 miles an hour". In fact not even a professional race car driver could drive that fast through there.

That said, while I was not with that group of cars as we had obviously been separated from each other, it is my opinion that they were probably driving a bit faster than they should have been.
    UH OH,That sounds vaguely like a challenge.I think I want some pie next year!

While I didn't mean it to be a challenge you can definitely take it that way if you so choose

On the other hand - you should definitely get some pie!

As an addendum to my previous post - the first group of cars was separated from the second group of cars because the first group wanted to go faster than the rest of us. However it is probable that every one of us were driving too fast - just some faster than others is all.

Oh - and regardless I would highly suggest you stay away from that neighborhood. Next time they might bring out their shotguns. Yes they were that miffed.
    Last edited by EvLwMn; 12-19-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Thread Information