Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Body shop recommendation needed for older BMW (1985 euro E24)

Thread: Body shop recommendation needed for older BMW (1985 euro E24)

Body shop recommendation needed for older BMW (1985 euro E24)

I received word last week from Kenny at Master Crafters that their grand elder body repiar guru had to retire early due to medical issues. Apparently my '85 6er is old enough, and the damage serious enough, that the younger techs don't have to skills to fix it. They are good people, but are used to having all the digital measurements to work with which, I presume, are not available for the older cars.

Please consider this a plea for help. I'd like to get the car repaired correctly by a trustworthy source so that it drives well.

-Greg
    Greg Rea
    1985 M639 (arctic blue shark II)
    1989 E32/M30 (white whale)
    ex-1965 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible (302 H.O. auto, still in the family)
    ex-1986 E24 turbo (arctic blue shark I, sold 3/07)

I've used Frankel Mid-Atlantic Collision Center for a few small dings and I'm very happy with their work. They are also the preferred Geico shop in my area (Hunt Valley, MD), so they are very experienced.

Id check out Euro Pros, I believe they are in Gaithersburg. Another option is D&V Auto Body in Sterling, VA.

Check out Jeff Shaw's Collision Craft if Baltimore isn't too far of a trip for you. They do mostly BMW work, and did a great job on some body work I had done on my E90 last year. http://www.collisioncraft.net

Thread Information