Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New chapter email system

Thread: New chapter email system

New chapter email system

If you have been receiving monthly emails from the chapter, you should be receiving an email using a new delivery system.

I'd like to hear some feedback.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 10-31-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: typo
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Things I would do:

Remove entire left column;
    Move chapter events to top, all other content below;
    Clean formatting, add necessary breaks in footer;
    Reword unsubscribe messages and use proper grammar.

In general, keep it simple AND CLEAN. HTML is nice, but it's already a bit too busy.

The left column will possibly contain ads or images for special events as will the next email that goes out Nov 1.
    For most members, this email is the only contact they have with the chapter.
    A small percentage visit the website.

It will take some time to find what adjustments need to be made.
    Clearly not everyone will be pleased. There is also a text only option.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    The left column will possibly contain ads or images for special events as will the next email that goes out Nov 1.
    For most members, this email is the only contact they have with the chapter.
    A small percentage visit the website.

It will take some time to find what adjustments need to be made.
    Clearly not everyone will be pleased. There is also a text only option.
    I understand. You asked for suggestions, please don't take offense.

Getting members to chapter events is the highest club priority right now, all other things need to be secondary. If structured appropriately, it could be a valuable tool to get members to the website and forum. (Other clubs are seeing > 50% click-through from mailings, I'd venture to say we are less than 10%.)

Little tweaks, such as only focusing on immediate events and providing well written descriptions of each could influence turnout. However, I'm a strong believer that the club, as a whole, needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with a common vision for everything web related (registration, website, forum, email, dB).

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Getting members to chapter events is the highest club priority right now, all other things need to be secondary. If structured appropriately, it could be a valuable tool to get members to the website and forum. (Other clubs are seeing > 50% click-through from mailings, I'd venture to say we are less than 10%.)

Little tweaks, such as only focusing on immediate events and providing well written descriptions of each could influence turnout. However, I'm a strong believer that the club, as a whole, needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with a common vision for everything web related (registration, website, forum, email, dB).
    Agreed 100%. Its a struggle to get people to the website. While I love the dB (especially now since its in color), its not the wave to the future since a lot of people I know get all their info online (including me). I'm not sure what the best way is for us to get the word out about our events, so I figure we do it all (dB, web, email facebook, forums, etc).

There's a serious void of how we promote anything around here, and I would love to get some energy around that. Sorry to jack the thread
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information