Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Replacing brake pads

Thread: Replacing brake pads

Cool Replacing brake pads

Hello all,
    I'm going to the the next DIY at Euro Tech in June to change my brake pads. I have the brake pads and the sensor already. I just need to know what tools I will need for the job. This is my first time doing this but i want to learn how to do my own maintenance.

What year and model?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

2006 325i E90

Here are the DIYs for pad replacement I found on e90post:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=brake+pad+diy

You're not replacing the rotors too?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thanks for the links. Should I replace the rotors too? I mean they look good to me.

Unless you are getting a pulsation when braking or the rotors are worn thin (read: below minimum tolerance), there is no point in replacing rotors. Typical rotors should last through at least two sets of pads.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Here are the DIYs for pad replacement I found on e90post:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=brake+pad+diyBMW Brake Pad Set

You're not replacing the rotors too?
    looks like i can do it all by myself now very helpful links looks like i can deal with it this weekend. but what if i do not replace the rotors? what will happen?
    Last edited by ronierogers; 11-12-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronierogers View Post
    looks like i can do it all by myself now very helpful links looks like i can deal with it this weekend. but what if i do not replace the rotors? what will happen?
    As stated above, you only need to replace rotors if the are either pulsing or are below minimum thickness. The pads will bed into the existing rotors without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    As stated above, you only need to replace rotors if the are either pulsing or are below minimum thickness. The pads will bed into the existing rotors without a problem.
    The only thing I'd add is if you are replacing pads with a different compound, you may develop pad deposits on the rotors.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    The only thing I'd add is if you are replacing pads with a different compound, you may develop pad deposits on the rotors.
    Just drive harder, brake harder, burn them off. Problem solved.

Just drive harder, brake harder, burn them off. Problem solved.
    I drove harder, braked harder, now they are warped!!?#$%

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I drove harder, braked harder, now they are warped!!?#$%
    That was just from riding the brake pedal ya old man.

That was just from riding the brake pedal ya old man.
    If I don't hold the brakes on, the tires melt off, I can't win!

Thread Information