Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
3 Across America
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 Across America

Question 3 Across America

April 1, 3 Across America

Who has signed up to attend the 3 Across America event? Also does anyone have any idea what to expect from this event? How long will it last? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Banned

3 Across America

Yeah I signed up. National Geographic Building 900 am FRi. Doesn't look like you get to drive the car. Static display and a bouchure? Would you let a NCC members drive the new 3 series in downtown traffic on a Friday? Maybe some free food. On second thought I may cancel not worth taking leave for.

They told me NG Building at 9 AM on the phone, but the email I got back says 6 PM at the Sheraton in Vienna. I'm waiting on the letter they said they would send, see what it says.
    =============
    John in Bowie
    1991 E30 318is
    =============

I also signed up w/ the confirmation (by email) stating it is at the sheraton at 6pm...
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Shoot. I better sign up today too.
    It will be April Fools day.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

They told me yesterday that the evenst are already full.

I signed up today and I was assigned noon on the 1st at the NG building.

I signed up this afternoon and the email said 6:00 PM at the Sheraton.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    I signed up this afternoon and the email said 6:00 PM at the Sheraton.

Mine too.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ob325
    I signed up today and I was assigned noon on the 1st at the NG building.
    I signed up on Monday and I got the 9:00 am @ the National Geographic Building. So from the statement above, I would expect to be there for (more or less) 3 hours. Now the only question that remands is what to expect No matter what, I’ll be looking forward to April 1st!

Not going to work and checking out BMW’s is always a good thing!

When I got my confirmation I called te BMW number to see if it was full.
    They still had room at 6:00 PM at the Sheraton in Vienna.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by PatPL
    April 1, 3 Across America

Who has signed up to attend the 3 Across America event? Also does anyone have any idea what to expect from this event? How long will it last? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Here's the scoop on this event.

The events during the day are open to BMW CCA members only, so depending on how you registered (whether you identified yourself as a CCA member), then you may not have been included in the events occuring during the day.

The event at the Sherton Premiere in Tyson's Corner is open to CCA members and to "guests" at the invitation of local dealers and to people who registered through the website (but didn't say that they were CCA members).

9:00am at the National Geographic Society. Static display of all the 3 series cars - of course highlighting the E90. Followed by a drive to Mount Vernon - should be fun at that time of day. ;-)

12:00 Noon at the National Geographic Society. Static display of all the 3 series for those of us who didn't register in time to make the 9:00am session (that's what I've currently got). I don't know if there will be a drive for the afternoon session, but I assume that there is.

6:00pm - 9:00pm A reception at the Sheraton Premiere in Tyson's Corner. They should have some cars on display.

BMW NA will be giving away "goodie bags" at these events. I don't know what's in the bags, so don't ask. They have a limited number of bags for each session. If you go to more than one session (such as the morning and then the evening) you only get one bag.

Even though the website says that BMW worked with the local chapter, I can say that they didn't. In fact, when I found out that they were planning on National Geographic at 9:00am during the week, I told them they were nuts.

However, they are making an effort to provide CCA members with a special opportunity with this new model introduction.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Hmm... well, I provided my CCA member number when I registered, and was told 0900 at the NGS, but the email only said 1800 at the Sheraton. Are they snail-mailing further info, or did I misunderstand that, too?

:-)
    =============
    John in Bowie
    1991 E30 318is
    =============

Hmmm. I registered for the 12-2 session at NGS and checked the box for being interested in driving. I haven't gotten any confirmation by e- or snail-mail.

I'll just show up around 11:30 if I don't hear back. If I don't get to drive, I'll at least try to get myself a goodie bag.

3 Across America

I signed up last week, and the email confirmatiopn states that it is the Sheraton in Tysons. I'm going for the "Heck" of it. 15 minutes from my office in Friday rush hour traffic! I don't think there is anything but static displays.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

Thread Information