Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Teenagers in the house = 318ti w/233K miles

Thread: Teenagers in the house = 318ti w/233K miles

Teenagers in the house = 318ti w/233K miles

I am a returning member -- once owned a 1991 white E-30 M-3. I sold that in 2008 (before the bubble burst) when I started riding my bicycle almost exclusively and the poor car sat.

Roll forward some years, and my older daughter has received her driver's license, and I want her to be more than the typical texting bubblehead (sorry if I'm stepping on toes) I see too many of around here.

To that end, we encouraged her to start with her 'M' endorsement on her license, and she is free to take a little Honda 250 Nighthawk out anytime she wants. She is not yet allowed to take a car by herself.

My father lined me up with a Florida 318ti, now with 233K miles -- not running right and over in Alexandria in Bill Shook's capable hands. Like her father before her, my girls will learn on a manual transmission or not at all. And with no help from me, she will demonstrate changing a flat tire.

I hope to enroll my daughter in the drivers' schools (I understand entry is easier now than it was back when I was trying to do it ten years ago).

Welcome!! Nice to see your daughter being brought up right
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I learned driving stick shift, but I think it would be easier if she drives automatic at first, just to get used to other cars, the road signs etc. Once she is somewhat comfortable on the automatic, teach her how to drive a manual.

Thread Information