My car has caused me a number of problems - first, the Camshaft positioning sensor went bad causing the engine to cut off. I replaced it and the car ran fine for about 2 days, then the starter went bad. It took me about 2 weeks to have the starter looked at - finally got it replaced on Monday.
I went to pick the car up after work - the transmission light was on, as well as the check engine light. Transmission was in a limp mode, I drove it around the block hoping the lights will clear but nothing.
The shop did not say anything about the lights to me when they called me to tell me the car is ready. There was a note on the paperwork that they gave me noting "warning lights on" or something of the sort.
I left the car at the shop for them to diagnose, but I read the codes first. I got 3 codes
P1525 (camshaft positioning sensor), P0751 and P0761 - shift soleroids A & C stuck off.

The shop called me today - they say it's mechanical failure in the transmission and it might be best to junk the car. They said they don't deal with transmissions, so I'm not sure they know what they are talking about.

I had no problems with the transmission what so ever. I had the transmission fluid & filter replaced at 44k miles (car has 110k now).

I'm starting to suspect that either the shop did something wrong, or the towing company messed up (they towed it on a flat bed - shop recommended them).

Can someone put me in touch with a BMW dealer who can help me? My local BMW dealer, Towson BMW, will probably just try to sell me a new car. I need someone I can trust and who won't charge me an arm and a leg for diagnostics and helping me decide what to do.