Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Nice High School lot

Thread: Nice High School lot

Nice High School lot

This is Cenntenial High School's parking lot. Let me know what you guys think.

Re: Nice High School lot

Quote Originally Posted by Lance325is
    Lance,

From the picture, the lot looks too small. Do you have any dimensions on it? Where is it?

BTW, thanks for looking, we need to get some new locations.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

It's Cenntenial High School in Howard County. I dont have a way of measuring it so I have no idea on the deminsions.

It's Cenntenial High School in Howard County. I dont have a way of measuring it so I have no idea on the deminsions.
    Eric has a GPS that can measure it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Eric has a GPS that can measure it out...
    No problem. I'll just have to figure out the best way to do this. It might be nice to even do this with some of the existing lots. We can mark down where the light posts are and any other spots that need to be avoided when designing a course.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    Lance,

From the picture, the lot looks too small. Do you have any dimensions on it? Where is it?

Looks like you could fit the course that Kevin designed for the postage stamp of a lot we drove on in Manassas, but maybe not enough space if you go wide or lose it. Might be pushing it...

There are some lots we should check out in Columbia.

Columbia would stragetically be the best place for all-between Baltimore and DC and easily accessible from I-95. There is an overflow parking lot at a movie theatre and near JV and Glenn on Robert Fulton Drive off of Snowden there are TONS of industrial parks.

Rafael-

How come CCA no longer uses the LTI lot off of Snowden?

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    Lance,

Looks like you could fit the course that Kevin designed for the postage stamp of a lot we drove on in Manassas, but maybe not enough space if you go wide or lose it. Might be pushing it...
    A rough estimate of the lot would be about 256' x 270'.

Estimate based on a parking space being approximately 9' in width by 20' length with 24' for Driving aisle width (2-way). 30 spaces x 9' (per space) = 270' wide. Can you tell I studied photogrammetry? :-)

---Eric

My numbers might be a little off. I think Columbia might allow 8'x18' parking spaces with 11.5'-12' driving lanes. I was still pretty close though. What kind of dimensions are we looking for?

---Eric

There is a positively huge lot at Fort AP Hill near Fredericksburg, VA. Of course, that's a long way to go for anyone but the Northern Virginia folks, and it's not even all that close for them. Plus we'd have to jump through hoops to get permission. I've got some contacts down there so I can make some inquiries. I'll also try to take some rough measurements next time I'm on post.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hicks
    There is a positively huge lot at Fort AP Hill near Fredericksburg, VA. Of course, that's a long way to go for anyone but the Northern Virginia folks, and it's not even all that close for them. Plus we'd have to jump through hoops to get permission. I've got some contacts down there so I can make some inquiries. I'll also try to take some rough measurements next time I'm on post.
    You might want to ask permission first. Sometimes the govt. gets a little uneasy when they catch people taking measurements of their property. :smt102

---Eric

I drove up there today to have a look around. It's about 3/4 the size of the Manassas lot.

Good thing is there are no light poles in the middle of it. It's nicely set up and the adjacent lot can be used as a pit area.

Bad news is that it looks on the small side, and right near it are some neighborhoods. I dont know how thrilled they would be with us raising holy hell on a Saturday/Sunday.

Thread Information