Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
1990 E32 Mystery Drain

Thread: 1990 E32 Mystery Drain

1990 E32 Mystery Drain

Need help finding what's draining my battery after sitting ~ 3 hours. Here is what I have done so far:
    1. Alternator checked and is charging
    2. New Battery
    3. Multimeter check - pulled all fuses and no drop in amps.

Suggestions on what to do next..

Is the glove box or trunk light staying on?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Nope.

I've been thinking about this for a day now. I have an '89 E32 735iA and also have to chase down electrical gremlins from time to time. Draining the battery in three hours should be easy to find (duh) so we're missing some clue or evidence. Did you try measureing the voltage across all the fuses? My thought is that maybe one is hot with the key removed when it shouldn't be receiving power. All of the power the relays receive are fused so it can't be those. What receives power but isn't fused? Maybe the cable to the starter or alternator? Maybe the starter solenoid is not quite turning itself off and letting power drain. A modest trickle wouldn't turn the flywheel, but would drain the battery pretty quickly. It's a straw to grasp at, anyway. Good luck.
    Greg Rea
    1985 M639 (arctic blue shark II)
    1989 E32/M30 (white whale)
    ex-1965 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible (302 H.O. auto, still in the family)
    ex-1986 E24 turbo (arctic blue shark I, sold 3/07)

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check cables, i.e. battery, starter, alternator. She still has the original starter, so I may just repalce the starter before it goes out at the worst possible time. I am also planning on bringing her to the next DIY (at Russell BMW iI believe) for some hands on help.

Bad main relay?

I had an 88 735i 5 speed just sold it. Had it for 12 years only drain problems was when I first purchased it took to dealer turned to be a bad or wrong main rely which was not turning off when the car was turrning off. I think it was draining in a week or less. Clarence

Thread Information