Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Fyi

Thread: Fyi

Fyi

As a racer and an Instructor, I can drive a car at 10/10ths.

What I learned from having owned a 2001 330Ci and a 2004 M3 is that the stock brake system on either of these cars is not capable of sustaining 9/10ths or 10/10ths driving at the track for a 20 minute session.

When I had the 330, I upgraded the front rotors and brake pads and then that car was capable (but barely) of doing a 20 minute session.
    For the M3 I tried the Euro-spec M3 rotors and some upgraded Pagid pads, and they were an improvement, but they weren't as capable as a BBK.

So, for the M3, I upgraded to a Brembo BBK and am now awaiting an opportunity to test this system out at the track
    If anyone has experience with Brembo's, I'd be happy to hear about it.
    Barry

You will LOVE the Brembo Barry!! You can sure out brake a 996TT at SPR in either turn 1 or 5 or 10!! The only problem is, you will also need a slightly hard compound rear pads to make the car more balance under braking... I've been using Axxis Ultimate at the rear and always want to use some harder one but just too lazy to change the rear pads (stock caliper is a pain to swap pads when compare to Brembos!) Btw, what pads are you using on the Brembos?

Hopefully I'll see you again in the May event with CarGuy!

Gary
    (if you still remember who I am....)

Thread Information