Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Other Event 09/24/2011 - Lovettsville Octoberfest (*)

Thread: 09/24/2011 - Lovettsville Octoberfest (*)

09/24/2011 - Lovettsville Octoberfest (*)

From PCA, Potomac.

Each Year the Porsche Club hosts a Rally and Car show ending at the Lovettsville October fvest. We allow the people to vote on the cars and award process for the car show. Ther are also proses for the rally. Last year we has a number of BMWs and Mercedes come for the car show asn have had other cars do the rally.

Please notify your members about this event on 24 September. More information is available on the www.pcapotomac.org web site or contact me for more info.

Hope you have some members that can join us. The town puts on a great event and they really love having the German cars there. We had about 60 last year.
    From the PCA, Potomac's website

Meet Location: Elementary School on River Road in Potomac, MD, just north of Potomac Village and the intersection with Falls Road, on the right.

Description: Come join us for a multi-club drive through some of the prettiest roads in Maryland and Northern Virginia. We'll start at eleven, and get brats and beer when we end up at the Lovettsville Oktoberfest where we'll meet up with the Rally group for an impromptu car show on the town square! Join PCA, BMW Club, Audi Club, and Mercedes-Benz Club for a fun tour through some beautiful towns ending in Lovettsville for a multi-clubshow, beer, and brats!
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 09-02-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

This is a fun event. Here's info on the Oktoberfest that goes Fri-Sun:
    http://www.lovettsvilleva.gov/default.asp?ContentID=26
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Looked at the Porsche site, looks like they're gonna have a good time. Are we doing anything similar?
    Russ

2008 ///M Roadster

PCA chapter has extended an invitation for us to join in the fun, so you can start in Potomac with them, or meet up in L'ville.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I did this event with pca a couple of years ago. It was really cool, specifically the rally part. I wish there were more BMWs there. Is anyone planning to attend?

I'm seriously thinking about it, just have to make sure I have time to get to the Brad Paisley concert later that night. Anyone else?
    Russ

2008 ///M Roadster

I think I'll go
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

According to the PCA site, they are now starting at 10AM at a different location:

Our final rally of the year is the annual drive to Lovettsville, VA for Oktoberfest on September 24th. Each year the town invites all the German car clubs to join them to celebrate their German heritage. Passersby will be given a ballot and asked to vote for their favorite car. Last year we had about 60 cars in the show.

Our rally begins at 10:00am in front of Borders Books, 20926 Frederick Rd., Germantown, MD 20874. Back by popular demand, we are replaying our “It’s All About the Speed” rally where teams are simply asked to add up all the speed limit signs they see along the route. The route is about 64 miles and can easily be completed in less than 2 hours. When we reach Lovettsville, we will be joined by other PCA groups doing a Drive-and-Dine, others who just venture there on their own, and maybe some BMW’s and Audis.

Trophies will be awarded to the top three teams closest to the correct answer without going over. We will also be awarding the season championship trophy at this event. As each of our 3 previous rallies this year have all been won by different teams, the championship is up for grabs.

The fee for this rally is $25, payable at the start. Please register by email to rally@pcapotomac.org. There is no online registration.

http://www.pcapotomac.org/index.php?...lly&Itemid=134
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

My wife and I are thinking about going - we had to cancel going to autoy's octoberfest last weekend, so this looks like it would satisfy our need for good German food.

Are we gonna crash the PCA rally or start our own or just meet at Lovettsville? I'm planning on starting at Cars & Coffee at Katie's Coffee House in Great Falls and then head to Germantown to start with the Porsche clan unless someone wants to start from Great Falls and go our own way. Hope to see many of you along the way.
    Russ

2008 ///M Roadster

I was just going to start in Germantown
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Sounds good, will meet you guys in Germantown Saturday unless I see you all at C&C.
    Russ

2008 ///M Roadster

Ok, I'm registered, hope to see many BMWs at the start in Germantown!
    Russ

2008 ///M Roadster

Sounds like fun in the rain... I am going to try to make it on Saturday..

Thread Information