Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Baltimore Grand Prix Photo Contest
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Grand Prix Photo Contest

Baltimore Grand Prix Photo Contest

An announcement should appear on our website tomorrow, but here's a heads up that the Chapter will be holding a photo contest for the Baltimore Grand Prix. Likely categories will include race cars at speed, race cars at rest, people, and our corral. The winning photos will appear on our website and in der Bayerische.

Details about submissions and the technical requirements for der Bayerische will appear in the announcement.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

SET YOUR CAMERA TO "FINE"
    ROFL

Only n00bs use jpeg settings.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    ROFL

If you know how to get it right in the camera, you don't need RAW ;-)
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

So since all I have is a point and shoot, am I wasting my time entering? How will the photos be judged?
    ~Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by CoolToolGuy View Post
    If you know how to get it right in the camera, you don't need RAW ;-)
    Except for that whole compression issue

Quote Originally Posted by M50_328is View Post
    So since all I have is a point and shoot, am I wasting my time entering? How will the photos be judged?
    ~Phillip
    The size reuirements pretty much rule out all point and shoot cameras. (Unless you are perfect with a newerish one.)

Quote Originally Posted by M50_328is View Post
    ~Phillip
    We have a size requirement so that the winning entries can be properly shown in the dB and in a large enough size. The printing process requires images that are higher resolution than those used in emailing.
    -Raine

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED IN DIGITAL FORMAT ONLY.
    SET YOUR CAMERA TO “FINE”. A “NORMAL” SETTING WILL NOT BE SUFFICIENT. ENTRIES SHOULD BE NO SMALLER THAN 2560 x 1920 PIXELS.

Except for that whole compression issue

The size reuirements pretty much rule out all point and shoot cameras. (Unless you are perfect with a newerish one.)
    Its always about compression with you FI guys,LOL!

I was able to email my photos for one category (Race Cars at Speed). But, when attempting to email my submissions for Race Cars at Rest it keeps returning my email. It says my message size is too big for the recipient. Is there an alternate email, or do I have to compress my pics into a zip file or something like that to get it to work?

I apologize for having to send them in multiple emails but each pic is 6-8 MB and I would hate to have to make them smaller to email them.

I'm no pro and don't have the fanciest camera, but I thought I did well with my Canon EOS T2i
    RIP: AW E36 M3/4
    Current: AW 01 325xi

Please upload your photos to http://gallery.nccbmwcca.org/showgallery.php?cat=655 for everyone to share.
    To be entered into the photo contest, follow the instructions in post 2.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

ROFL

Some of us will always be n00bs when it comes to anything techical.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

That's what my question is about. When I try to email my submissions it returns my email because my message is too big for the recipient. I will email my pictures one at a time if need be, but I don't want to flood the mailbox haha.

I should be able to upload my pics tomorrow. Below is a link to my YouTube with the video clips I made this weekend.

http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv...ser=Griffon252

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Grifton252,
    I looked at a couple that were received and they are just about twice the size we requested (5184 x 3456 pixels vs. 2560 x 1920 pixels). They will create a problem unless the files resampled or are sent individually.
    -Raine

Ok I apologize. I'll figure it out and get them in. Thanks a lot for your help!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Just checked with our web hosting company. Attachments are limited to 50Mb.
    I don't think anyone is sending a file that large.
    Problems sending attachments is most likely on the senders end.

Note: Mar 20, 2011 ... With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 25 megabytes (MB) in size.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 09-04-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information