Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New Member!

Thread: New Member!

New Member!

Hi All,

My name is Harry (same as my forum handle) and am a proud owner of a 1993 325i 4D sedan. I am currently setting it up for racing (tearing out the interior, replacing the bushings, drive shaft, shocks, installing a roll cage, engine maintenance, clutch job, etc). I must say that I am very much in love with BMW's past. I leased a 2007 330i and was not impressed at all, nor did I feel like it was a BMW anymore. Suffice to say, I was glad I leased it and returned it with a huge smile without looking back.

I've always had a soft spot for E46 and earlier BMW's because the cars really felt like they were built with pride, my opinion of course.

I hope to one day meet everyone and see what everyone else has in my region! My car will be set up by Sarli Motorsports in Millersville, MD. I've heard many great things about his shop and his work.

welcome!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I have an update. This past weekend, I just bought a 1995 BMW Avus Blue M3 that was configured with the Luxury package. Not too crazy about the wood trim at all, but the car is just absolutely amazing.

It is currently at Sarli Motorsports for thorough inspection before it gets ready for the track. I've heard many good things about Sarli Motorsports.

Right now, the car is overheating or something. I noticed the engine temp gauge starts creeping up, then immediately drops down. Maybe there is air in the system? Cracked head? Bad head gasket? Hoping to find out the issue. The car has a new water pump in it with metal impeller, as well as new radiator and new hoses and thermostat. It also has a new valve cover gasket seal. As a bonus, it came with Bilsteins installed, not even 500 miles on them.

Anything else I should watch out for? I don't know why I just didn't get an M3 to begin with. But the 325i is going to serve as a decent mule for any spare parts that are interchangeable and eventually parted out or sold as is.

I bet it's an air bubble. Bleed it, top off the coolant and it should be fine. Do you know the service history of the car? If you don't, I would change all fluids and filters as well as the spark plugs. Also check the serpentine belts. That's just normal maintenance I would do on any new car.

Welcome
    2008 Sapphire Black E92

Thread Information