WHO: Colonial Challenge Cup - a charity organization affiliated with the Boys and Girls Club of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County.

WHAT:
High Performance Driving Event (HPDE)/Track day/Lapping/whatever you kids are calling it these days.

WHEN:
Wednesday, September 14th, 2011

WHERE:
Summit Point Raceway (main course) in Summit Point, WV

WHY:

- I've never seen a group of people who love their cars so much, tout its greatness; all while being so hesitant/afraid/unwilling to get out there and feel those very characteristics which makes so right.

****also, the only event that allows convertibles with FACTORY roll bars - no aftermarket setup required****

- It's for a great cause
- It's tax deductible
- Straight lines are for the feeble
- You think you're a good driver; and you might be, but you'll be better after this, guaranteed.
- Where else can you do >140mph legally? (my 540 almost ticks 135)
- A lot of cool cars show up that you don't normally see at track days (bizzarrini, ariel atom, tesla, ferraris, aston martins, etc. etc.)
- This organization tends to run light on cars allowing for a good amount of track time without the on-track traffic.

HOW:
Take off your skirt (seriously, pants on track; you too, ladies), check your wheel bearings, change your oil, air up your tires, dig those "///M" gloves out of your car-nerd closet (we know you have them), give the car a once over, and drive out to the track.

If you're scared for your car's well-being on track:
HPDE Insurance Program

Also, more information can be found here, registration included:
Track Day

Some of my photo work at their events:

Colonial Challenge Cup

Feel free to post questions here, or PM.