Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Camber Measurement/Adjustment

Thread: Camber Measurement/Adjustment

Camber Measurement/Adjustment

I have the PSS9 suspension in my E46 323, which I usually have fully lowered on the front, and about -1" on the rear. I'm wondering how to check the degree of camber I have without using a pyrometer at the track - i.e., is it possible to simply measure.
    I'm also wondering who carries the best parts for camber adjustment - keep in mind that I'm planning on hitting up a few autox events this summer.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

I suppose you could measure camber with a straight edge, a ruler, and some math.....or you could buy a camber gauge (search the web you'll find plenty of examples.) Alternatively, you could have an alignment shop measure it and just mark the camber plates in a few places.

For camber plates most people seem to have either Ground Control or TC Kline (I don't know if they'll work with the PSS9) and I think Turner just came out with plates that will work with them.

a straight edge and a level.

Actually level and ruler. Hold the level vertical near the wheel and measure from teh level to the wheel rim at top and bottom. Calculate camber from the triangle of the level and difference in distance to the wheel rim and the distance between the measuring points.

Or for more money, but MUCH easier, buy a camber guage. Smart camber or Intercomp are the two I have heard about. I have a Smart Camber.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Oh, heck, just come over to my house in Columbia, and I'll do it for nothing. I have a Smart Camber gauge, it'll take 2 seconds.

Rich
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Thread Information