Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Toyo RA1 prices?

Thread: Toyo RA1 prices?

Toyo RA1 prices?

I found this place
    http://www.tiresdirect.net/TOYO_Prox..._P2263C200.cfm
    245/40/17 $200 each. Plus ~$55 shipping.

Anyone know what Radial is getting these days?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I think I paid slightly less for a set last month, with a shave, at Radial Tire. Around $195, without checking the reciept.
    Pauls' prices are hard to beat, and he shaves all his tires hizzelf. I recommend shaved RA1's for A-group and up students.

Of course you have to schlep them to Silver Spring, and leave them in the chaos that is Radial Tire on a typical day. You'd best talk to Sam or Paul personally, I always do.
    Radial Tire does have a pickup/delivery service to select tire & repair shops in Va., but I haven't figured out how this works yet. Certainly it would require even more advanced planning.
    Not to split rabbits, but RA1's don't come in a 245/40-17, just the very popular 235/40-17.
    Joel
    p.s. how come no one can improve on this tire? Plenty have tried, and it's been around for 10+ years. It certainly is the driver's school tire.
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Quote Originally Posted by slantsixm3 View Post
    p.s. how come no one can improve on this tire? Plenty have tried, and it's been around for 10+ years. It certainly is the driver's school tire.
    Perhaps the profit-margin isn't there for most/all tire manufacturers for this type of tire? ...or they're more focused on the extreme "street" tires like Direzzas, AD08s, R1Rs, RS3s, etc. that now are very close to the performance of RA1s?

I thought the Nitto NT-01 was supposed to be a great driver's school tire?

Radial Tire does have a pickup/delivery service to select tire & repair shops in Va., but I haven't figured out how this works yet. Certainly it would require even more advanced planning.
    I need them shipped and mounted locally.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Biggins:
    I think you are onto something with the R&D costs. Toyo hasn't changed this tire at all, and they continue to sell well as a sideline item.
    I would think somebody would try to get a piece of the action, but perhaps not.
    I'm told that Toyo owns Nitto, so the two tires could be *quite" similar. Again, minimal R&D costs. I see 80% Toyos at the events I attend.

1996328ti:
    Yeah, I don't think Radial Tire delivery extends to South Carolina. Oh well.
    Hope all is well down there, stay cool.

Joel
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Yeah, I don't think Radial Tire delivery extends to South Carolina. Oh well.
    Hope all is well down there, stay cool.
    Paul has shipped me tires before.
    I think it's cooler by me than up there. It's only 93 right now.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information