Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
June 16 & 17 @ VIR (NCC + Audi + MB) Info?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: June 16 & 17 @ VIR (NCC + Audi + MB) Info?

June 16 & 17 @ VIR (NCC + Audi + MB) Info?

I was just wondering if there was any additional information on the joint Drivers' School at VIR in the middle of June...

Course?
    Cost?
    Registration info/dates?

Since the Summit Point Main Circuit school conflicts with two friends' wedding, the VIR event is probably the first chance I'll get to drive a track other than the Jeff with a BMWCCA school...

Thanks.
    Last edited by SharkD; 03-09-2005 at 01:01 PM.

The Audi Chapter's calendar says the application will be available in Mid-March.

Ah, okay -- I didn't know where to start looking, or which was the lead club on this...

Audi Club Potomac Chapter VIR Page

(Google is my friend)

OK, here's the deal. Full Course, $315.00.
    Registration should open up March 15. I'll post details as soon the are available.
    Sleep Inn will be the host motel. $69.99/night.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Sleep Inn will be the host motel. $69.99/night.[/QUOTE]

The phone number for the Sleep Inn is 434-793-6090. There is a brand new Best Western about 1/2 mile west of the Sleep Inn. It has an indoor pool and workout room, but I don't know if it has Speed Channel like the Sleep Inn.
    I don't know the phone number.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Best Western

Best Western Windsor Inn & Suites 1292 South Boston Road, Danville, VA 24540, 434-483-5000, There are 74 spacious and well appointed guest rooms available at this hotel that features coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, data ports, voice mail, and high speed Internet access in all of the rooms. Amenities on site include an indoor pool, a hot tub, an exercise facility, guest laundry facilities, and a business center. A continental breakfast is served each morning.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

As Steven said, registration should open by next week, cost is $315 (as long as you get the registration in "on time" - otherwise there will be a late fee). We'll be using the Full Course (3.2 miles - lots of fun).
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

At first, I was a little confused there between the "Full Course" and the "Grand East" (until I saw the mileage difference) -- the prospect of tackling the "Bitch" turn my first time out at VIR didn't seem all that appealing.

All in all, it looks like a good time (followed, of course, by a 'cool-off lap' by way of I-40 to Oak Island for a week.)

PS: how many slots are there, total? (I.E., how hard is it going to be to get in for someone who's never ventured from the Jeff?)
    Last edited by SharkD; 03-11-2005 at 01:37 PM. Reason: oops

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    At first, I was a little confused there between the "Full Course" and the "Grand East" (until I saw the mileage difference) -- the prospect of tackling the "Bitch" turn my first time out at VIR didn't seem all that appealing.

All in all, it looks like a good time (followed, of course, by a 'cool-off lap' by way of I-40 to Oak Island for a week.)

PS: how many slots are there, total? (I.E., how hard is it going to be to get in for someone who's never ventured from the Jeff?)
    VIR is a great track. Lots of runoff and nice facilities.
    Bitch isn't as bad as it seems although we won'tbe using it.
    Run groups can easily accommodate 40 cars. There are 3 passing zones, sometimes 4 depending on the school. We will probably use the normal 3.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Any Updates?

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    OK, here's the deal. Full Course, $315.00.
    Registration should open up March 15. I'll post details as soon the are available.
    I take it that details aren't yet available in a finalized fashion, since there still isn't anything on the Audi or MBC sites, either?

[/antsiness]

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    I take it that details aren't yet available in a finalized fashion, since there still isn't anything on the Audi or MBC sites, either?

[/antsiness]
    I'll be finishing up the website in a day or two then need to be sure the registration process works for our registrar.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Cool, thanks!

Registration is open. Go to our home page.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

If you want to run the grand course, Mazda Drivers Club is running it fathers day weekend. Info is here:

http://mazdadrivers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JoelG
    If you want to run the grand course, Mazda Drivers Club is running it fathers day weekend. Info is here:

http://mazdadrivers.com/
    I'm staying for that one too.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information