Hello All,

My name is Bob Esser. I recently joined the club. My current car is an 2006 E46 M3 Laguna Seca Blue competition package which appears to have all the options. The previous car was a 1996 Porsche 993. I spent too much money on the last car and I was always trying to make it more 'modern'. Finally, I realized that what I wanted was all the modern amenities, all the luxury, and power of an M3, so, I traded up. The other issue picking a car is that I drop my 3 year old off at day care every day. The M3 really fits this mission well.

I have the mod bug and I am constantly looking for new and interesting things to do to the car. To keep this in check, I am autocrossing in Stock 1 class, so, I really can't do much without blowing class. This has saved me a huge amount of money already.

I am also pretty much a DIYer. I have done full suspension swaps in my two previous cars. I have done the 'dreaded SAI clean' on the 993. I am not (too) afraid to dig in. To that end, I am figuring out my new BMW diagnostic GT1 setup.

To pay for my hobby, I work at ManTech as a consultant to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). I mostly do programmatic, financial, and technical in the realm of materials engineering and advanced manufacturing.