Posted by: NoSoup4U

Description: FS locally. It is a 1997 white E36 M3. Exterior-wise -it is in good condition for its age and mileage. It has around 151K miles on it. It has been worked on by RRT, Martin Motorsports, and other shops (basically because I was moving around). The car was originally owned by a BMW Master Technician from BMW of Richmond. In the past 30K miles - it has had new tires, new clutch/lightweight flywheel, RTAB's, suspension, guibo, entire cooling system (thermostat, water pump, upper/lower rad hoses, etc.), valve cover gasket, etc. Mechanically - it is in great condition. I even had the stupid steering column fix done (which as some of you know - is pretty damn expensive), and the window regulators. I bought this car for my sister-in-law. The interior is showing wear on the seats; but, as I mentioned - it has been a good car. Now, you might be asking, why is the price so cheap?The bad - my sister in law does not pay attention to noises. So, the clunking that she heard in the rear of the car - she thought it was just going over bumps. As we know - that's the RSM's going bad. Well, she let it go and basically the sheet metal is torn at each RSM point. It will need to be re-welded. We were quoted a price of $1K to get it fixed. Her mechanic has offered to buy it from her. That's what I am offering it to Bf.c members - maybe the guy is screwing us; but, I'd rather potentially provide a great price to a bf.c member. I also believe it will need new O2 sensors. For someone thinking about track - this would make a great platform - and the engine is very strong. Leak tests show 1-2% leakage across all cylinders and compression is around 220-230. It is not a weak engine. Like I mentioned above - 90% of the normal maintenance has been taken care of. It has been a solid performer. Why not fix it then? Sister-in-law does not make the money to fix it. I've bought the car for $8K and then put about $5K in maintenance. That was my gift to her. After that, I told her she needs to take care of it - which, she has not and now will suffer consequences. I would consider trades and put cash on top. It has a current VA inspection. This is a short-term offer - otherwise, I'm just dumping it to the mechanic. Vehicle is currently located near Burke, VA at the mechanic's place. I do not have any current pictures - only from when I originally bought it 2.5 years ago. But, people that know me - know that I would not misrepresent or mislead anyone on it. It actually looks like it has 1/2 the mileage (at least exterior-wise - interior wise, it does look like it has 151K on it). Thanks,JamesThe price MAY go up to $4K MAX - I have a set of winter tires I can include for an additional $200 - they have approximately 2K miles on them (16" - great for cutting through snow on black steelies)

More...