Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) Points Event #4 Results Corrections Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2011) Points Event #4 Results Corrections Thread

(2011) Points Event #4 Results Corrections Thread

Please post in the following format:

Name
    Car Number
    Class
    Issue

Thanks.

Please Post any correction that may be needed for Event Four in this thread

Jonathan Thayer
    M2

Please change car to a 2002 BMW Z3 (Blue). Leave entry in M2.

Sam Bell
    t4

Please change car to 2002 z3, and change class to s3.

Not important, but:
    Woody Hair
    T2
    My first run was off course.
    This brings up a point - in the second half of the morning runs, calls from course workers for cones and off course were not being confirmed. Without the confirmation, workers have no way of knowing if drivers are being scored properly. It also seems that many of the listings of wrong car and/or wrong class should have been caught and corrected BEFORE the event. I know our events are considered "low key", but participants like to see accurate results.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

S1 202 henderson, bancroft 2006 BMW 330I --> move to S3
    S1 198 Howell, Antwan 2006 BMW 325i --> move to S3
    T4 288 Lyon, Kenny 2004 BMW 330ci --> move to T3
    M2 234 Lane, Adam 1998 BMW 328i --> move to M3 (unless he has an M3 motor and wanted to be upclassed)
    M4 155 emad, philip 1998 BMW m3 --> move to M2

I didn't look through the x-classes.

M2 234 Lane, Adam 1998 BMW 328i --> move to M3 (unless he has an M3 motor and wanted to be upclassed)

S52 swapped with a blower. M2 is correct.

Jeff Lavery
    X1
    Should be in X4
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

I don't remember the car number, but there was a 1-series silver BMW running in the 1st PM heat that was off course on ALL 5 runs. I think it was #208, which is listed with three DNF's in the results and the only silver 1-series that ran in the PM 1st heat. All of us at our station called him off-course right in front of us every single time (you can confirm with Nick Drymalski). On his last run we were all literally screaming for him to go inside the cone, but for the 5th straight time he went outside. We kept radioing in for someone to tell him what he was doing or get a co-driver, but no idea if that happened.

It doesn't matter to me since I'm in another class, but for people going for standings/points in that class, that car has some nice times posted (3rd in class) because it was going outside that first kink, which was a time-killer for the rest of us!

--

As for me, I'm quite certain I got +1 on my first run (#244, X2), since I saw the cone flying across the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    I don't remember the car number, but there was a 1-series silver BMW running in the 1st PM heat that was off course on ALL 5 runs. I think it was #208, which is listed with three DNF's in the results and the only silver 1-series that ran in the PM 1st heat. All of us at our station called him off-course right in front of us every single time (you can confirm with Nick Drymalski). On his last run we were all literally screaming for him to go inside the cone, but for the 5th straight time he went outside. We kept radioing in for someone to tell him what he was doing or get a co-driver, but no idea if that happened.

It doesn't matter to me since I'm in another class, but for people going for standings/points in that class, that car has some nice times posted (3rd in class) because it was going outside that first kink, which was a time-killer for the rest of us!

--

As for me, I'm quite certain I got +1 on my first run (#244, X2), since I saw the cone flying across the lot.

Just to side with Josh on this one. i worked that station also with him and the 1series keep t going around the outside off the cone on that part of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by NFINIT View Post
    Just to side with Josh on this one. i worked that station also with him and the 1series keep t going around the outside off the cone on that part of the track.
    I think al the cars that beat me also used that trick, BTW,Woody, I was off course on my 1st run as well, and we called yours in.

Kenny Lyon
    T3
    You have me in T4, I should be in T3

[QUOTE=irish44j;43338 On his last run we were all literally screaming for him to go inside the cone
    [/QUOTE]

Well i guess that would be me, i'm sorry i couldn't hear you screaming outside my car at that particular part of the course. No one ever told me about this off course. As a novice, I'm doing my best to stay on course, look for other traffic/red flags. Where on the course was this, i would like to know so I can learn from it. This was my second event ever. I should also add, I hit a cone on my 4th run.
    Last edited by Hops; 07-13-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hops View Post
    Well i guess that would be me, i'm sorry i couldn't hear you screaming outside my car at that particular part of the course. No one ever told me about this off course. As a novice, I'm doing my best to stay on course, look for other traffic/red flags. Where on the course was this, i would like to know so I can learn from it. This was my second event ever. I should also add, I hit a cone on my 4th run.
    yeah, we kept on radioing in for someone to tell you or ride along, this kind of thing happens alot-if nobody tells the driver where he was off-course, he'll keep doing the same thing obviously. It happens! I only mention it because guys in your class may be going for the season win and that would affect them.

This was near the beginning. Right after that 180-degree turn and before the big sweep to the right through the box, there was a cone with two pointers down, indicating that you should go to the left of it, but you went to the right every time (it was hard to get to the left, killed my times!). Btw, you weren't the only one that missed that cone, you're just the only one that did it every time

See video below. Pause it at exactly the 18-second mark. You'll see a cone wall on the left, and an upright cone with 2 down pointers on the right. It was hard to pick up on the turnaround - especially if you didn't read it right during the course walk, perhaps? we were standing at the station/light post direct to your right, so you were getting alot closer to use than you would have been if you went inside the cone, why we noticed especially!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWO7Ahg-o5U

here's a freeze-frame. hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    This brings up a point - in the second half of the morning runs, calls from course workers for cones and off course were not being confirmed. Without the confirmation, workers have no way of knowing if drivers are being scored properly.
    It was the same for the first half of morning runs. I tried making a cone call the SCCA way: "Control, this is station three" but never got a response to that. So I made the cone call, still more silence. Maybe it was recorded, maybe not. I'm only running a couple BMW club events this year so I don't want to make a stink over it.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Wow, that's totally not the place I was expecting the offending off course to have taken place (yes, i walked the course three times), i was thinking i went off at the two gates following the straight at the highest point on the course. And thanks for pointing it out. Though, I have to admit, I think it's hilarious it happened at a point in the track visible to many people in the tent area, people in the cars waiting to go, two stations of workers, and start line workers, yet no one could get the message to me. At the Dominion Speedway autocross, i was told where i went off course on my second run, then corrected, and then did fairly well despite being on the very wet AM 1 course.

Anyway, I apologize to those aggrieved in their points pursuit in Showroom 3.

Thread Information