Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 12/03/2011 - DIY @ BMW Excluservice

Thread: 12/03/2011 - DIY @ BMW Excluservice

12/03/2011 - DIY @ BMW Excluservice

DIY at BMW Excluservice
    Saturday, December 3, 2011
    12224 Parklawn Lane
    Rockville, MD 20852
    This is a two-part event with a regular DIY tech session in the morning from 8:00 to 1:00 followed by a short talk by shop owner Lothar Schuettler about BMW's history and the pleasures and pitfalls he has encountered collecting and restoring BMWs. You’ll have time for questions and a chance to prowl around the shop and see a few BMWs presently being restored or waiting for their turn. There will be coffee and donuts in the morning and pizza and soft drinks at 1:00. The event ends at 2:00 p.m.

Do It Yourself (DIY) Program Overview

The 2011 Do It Yourself (DIY) program allows National Capital Chapter (NCC) BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Members to work on their own cars under the supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor. The purpose of the DIY is to learn and practice proper maintenance and repair techniques that you can routinely complete within a two-and-one-half-hour (2.5 hour) time period.

There are typically several NCC members who can assist you when an extra pair of hands or advice is needed. We are happy to show newcomers the joys of working on your own car. Most events start at between 8 am and 9 am and typically finish at 3 pm. Lunch for the event is provided by the club.

The DIY Program Webpage is here http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?119-diy

This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

Registration will be through Motorsportreg.com
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 09-15-2011 at 06:30 AM.

When will this event gonna happen again? I was out of the country when it happened. I just let that opportunity to slip away. This time i will be waiting for this kind of program. There are lots of things that i want to learn all by my self with out requiring me to visit my dealer for expensive repairs. bmw parts are way to expensive to replace so better find ways on how to fix it as much as possible.
    Last edited by greywarden; 08-27-2011 at 12:23 AM.

The next DIY event is Sep 17th at Northwest BMW. The last day to register online is Fri Sep 2, 2011. Follow the link!
    http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...-Northwest-BMW
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

On the calendar of events you will find several DIY events. We usually run one a month.
    2010 BMW 335d - Black Sapphire
    1999 BMW 328i - Titanium Silver

Hi newbie member, 1st post and 1st DIY I signed up for - I have a laundry list of odds n ends but I couldn't figure out how to get them listed on Motorsports - I can forward to whoever needs to see what's being signed up for....but not sure who to send what to....just trying to figure out what I need to figure out.

Appreciate any guidance and help (and if/how to fix what I may have done or not done on the registration)
    Jon

'06 X5 3.0i Toledo Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmwx5 View Post
    Hi newbie member, 1st post and 1st DIY I signed up for - I have a laundry list of odds n ends but I couldn't figure out how to get them listed on Motorsports - I can forward to whoever needs to see what's being signed up for....but not sure who to send what to....just trying to figure out what I need to figure out.

Appreciate any guidance and help (and if/how to fix what I may have done or not done on the registration)
    Hi noob!! You can go back into MSR and email Phil Cummings with your changes
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Hmmm-- I Forgot what 3 DIY things I registered for on my '91 850i;
    --Rebuild front bumper and lower valence
    --Rebuild sunroof assembly
    --Verify all engine sensors (coolant temp, oil pressure, O2, etc) using DIS or otherwise
    --Investigate Check Engine light and periodic limp-home-mode using DIS or otherwise (I think I need to disassemble and clean the throttle bodies)
    --Investigate slight drive-train clunk (u-joints/driveshaft?)
    --Inspect various bushings/bearings, replace if feasible
    --R&R Seats and fix seat twist and non-functioning motors

Sorry to miss this one fellas; see you next year...

Cheers,

Tim

Thread Information