Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/06/2011 - 08/07/2011 NCC @ Summit Point DE
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 08/06/2011 - 08/07/2011 NCC @ Summit Point DE

Hybrid View

08/06/2011 - 08/07/2011 NCC @ Summit Point DE

Registration opens June 27, 2011.
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....C9DE8B9A75D34D

Summit Point Main School is still only $195/day!

The National Capital Chapter (NCC) operates two types of driving schools: Drivers' Schools and Car Control Clinics. While the methods of instruction and the target audience for these schools differ, they share a common goal of giving you the opportunity to develop and improve your skills as a driver and to strengthen your knowledge of your car's abilities so that you will be prepared for any situation you may encounter on the highway.

Our schools are not racing schools. Our focus is on skills, not speed, and our overriding concern is with your safety and that of your car. We select our school instructors very carefully, not simply for their technical knowledge and accomplishments as drivers, but also for their abilities to impart that knowledge to their students in a clear, concise, and professional manner.

Your BMW is an amazingly capable car. At a National Capital Chapter driving school, you will be able to realize your car's capabilities, learn the limits of those capabilities under controlled conditions and practice the skills needed to control your car safely within those limits.

Drivers' Schools

The primary goal of these schools is to develop and hone your car-control skills. It is not to drive fast, although speed will come with improving skills. We seek to produce not necessarily the fastest, but the most proficient drivers possible.

Each drivers' school consists of driving sessions on the track and at the skidpad, as well as classroom sessions. During your on-track sessions, you will be driving the full track at progressively higher speeds throughout the school. An in-car instructor will work with you to help you improve your driving mechanics. Braking, cornering and accelerating techniques are refined continuously during your on-track sessions.

Skidpad sessions will allow you to begin to master the skill of controlling your car at the limits of adhesion. You will learn how to control understeer (when your front tires lose adhesion) and oversteer (when your rear tires lose adhesion). The skills learned here will not only be invaluable on the track, they may well save your car - and your life - on the highway.

Classroom sessions present the underlying mechanics of your car's behavior and how your inputs as a driver affect it. We present basic driving theory, the physics of car behavior (i.e., the "why it works" of driving) and discussions of the techniques of advanced car control.

No single drivers' school will ever convey all there is to learn about driving. In this sense, our drivers' schools are part of a continuous learning environment, one that requires several years of attendance at dozens of schools before proficiency is attained. Even at that, there is always something more to learn, something additional on which to work. Acquiring driving skills is a process that is never completed.

About Our Instructors

Our instructors come from two basic driving backgrounds: accomplished drivers' school students and successful amateur (e.g., SCCA) racers. Regardless of their backgrounds, our instructors conform to a uniformly high standard of competence, professionalism and enthusiasm for teaching.

Candidates selected from our student roster have a documented record of achievement. Candidates applying from a racing background must have comparable skills and experience. We note that the requirements for a successful racer and those for a successful instructor are not necessarily the same, as the sole ability to drive fast is about the most minor qualification we seek in an instructor. Therefore, as part of the qualification process, we apply a series of student instruction simulations (using our instructors as the "students") to ensure that the candidate understands not only how to drive, but how to teach as well. We also ensure that candidates display impeccable attitude and driving etiquette and are successful in making the transition from "race-mode" to "school-mode."

Our current instructors' driving experience ranges from five years to twenty-five years. Our "average" instructor has been driving on the track for 11.5 years and has been instructing for 6 years. We draw our instructors from twelve BMW CCA chapters, the SCCA, PCA, and other marque clubs. We select our instructors very carefully to ensure that every student receives the best possible instruction from the safest, most professional and most knowledgeable people we can find.We are very proud of our instructor corps and we trust that you will share that pride.

This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

Registration will be through Motorsportreg.com
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Hi. I just registered with my son for this event and have a quick question. Is it possible to prevail upon the organizers of this event to get in the same run group with my son? I have a little more experience, but he's younger with better eyes and reflexes. (Isn't that the way it goes?!) We both ran with the C group at the NC Chapter event at VIR in Feb and enjoyed hanging out together between runs.

Cheers

It is not likely your request will be read here. I suggest you contact Doug Verner, the registrar, and he will probably pass the request on to those making the run group assignments. Doug's contact link is on the event main page at motorsportreg.com.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Registered drivers

Does anyone know the status of the people who registered for the drivers school? Is everyone that registered in the school? I haven't heard anything and am working what to do about my tech inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by jongchen View Post
    Does anyone know the status of the people who registered for the drivers school? Is everyone that registered in the school? I haven't heard anything and am working what to do about my tech inspection.
    The number of accepted students is dictated by the number of available instructors.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Accepted drivers usually hear roughly two weeks before the event.

NCC Summit Main School - August 6-7 weekend - still space available!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Accepted drivers usually hear roughly two weeks before the event.
    The NCC Registrar emailed me confirmation of my acceptance two days ago, with formal acceptance letter expected any day.

There is still space available on the exciting big track at Summit Point, for a mere $195/day. Come have some fun on the big track, and improve your driving skills.

Bonbahn
    BonBahn

there is a list of "confirmed" students on the registration site.

Registration will close today at 7pm. Sign up ASAP before you get left out!!!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Can I still register for this event? Motorsportreg says registration has been extended on the first page but registration closed on the second page.

Quote Originally Posted by flanast View Post
    Can I still register for this event? Motorsportreg says registration has been extended on the first page but registration closed on the second page.

You can try contacting Doug Verner.

Thanks, I sent him an email earlier.

Will we be receiving a schedule prior to Saturday? Or is it already available and I missed it?
    2002 ///M3 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by BlazenXLT View Post
    Will we be receiving a schedule prior to Saturday? Or is it already available and I missed it?

You'll be given a copy of the detailed daily schedule in the classroom once you go through the Tech inspection line. Do you have a specific schedule question?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You'll be given a copy of the detailed daily schedule in the classroom once you go through the Tech inspection line. Do you have a specific schedule question?
    Nope, just curious and wanted to make sure i didn't miss something. Thanks!
    2002 ///M3 Coupe

Thread Information