Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Recommended Place to Get Wheels Balanced

Thread: Recommended Place to Get Wheels Balanced

Recommended Place to Get Wheels Balanced

Hello all,

First post here, and I really hope that you can help me. I've got a 2011 335i with a staggard setup. This winter when I put on my winter setup I noticed a screw in both of my rear treads. I took them to BMW of Fairfax (big mistake - in their defense the Service Manager was very nice and the gave me a new rim. It was nice to see them rectify their error) and had them both plugged and balanced.

When I put them back on this Spring they both felt out of balance and the car didn't feel as good as it did with my winter setup. Hesitant to go back to BMW of Fairfax, I took my car to Curry's since they also have a road force balancing machine. They said that both were out of balance and re-balanced them. In the process they put a scratch in the barrel of one of my rims when they took off the weights, so I'm a bit hesitant to go back.

I still have vibration that I can feel through the seat, and I am thinking I should get all 4 balanced. I called RRT who told me that they don't have a road force balance machine, and also that runflats cannot be plugged because it breaks the steel belts which can shift and cause the tire to go out of balance. They did refer me to Mach V in Sterling who I called, but does not have a road force machine either.

My questions for you all:
    Should I ditch the 2 runflats in the rear, which only have 6k on them?
    Does anyone have experience with Mach V, or is there someplace else I should visit who has a more sensitive road force balance machine (which I think I need since the tires are plugged)?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate all the help and hope I can get my car back to feeling the way it did when I bought it!

I've gone to Wal-Mart, Mr. Tire, Merchant's, and Sears for all my tire needs that Tire Rack cannot solve over the past few years. I'm pretty sure any tire shop could figure out the problem. I'm not from VA, but why go to a specialty/performance shop for tires? I always go to a tire shop.

I think Radial Tire in Silver Spring is still one of our supporters and is usually highly recommended, but that is probably too far for you to travel?

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA335 View Post
    Hello all,

First post here, and I really hope that you can help me. I've got a 2011 335i with a staggard setup. This winter when I put on my winter setup I noticed a screw in both of my rear treads. I took them to BMW of Fairfax (big mistake - in their defense the Service Manager was very nice and the gave me a new rim. It was nice to see them rectify their error) and had them both plugged and balanced.

When I put them back on this Spring they both felt out of balance and the car didn't feel as good as it did with my winter setup. Hesitant to go back to BMW of Fairfax, I took my car to Curry's since they also have a road force balancing machine. They said that both were out of balance and re-balanced them. In the process they put a scratch in the barrel of one of my rims when they took off the weights, so I'm a bit hesitant to go back.

I still have vibration that I can feel through the seat, and I am thinking I should get all 4 balanced. I called RRT who told me that they don't have a road force balance machine, and also that runflats cannot be plugged because it breaks the steel belts which can shift and cause the tire to go out of balance. They did refer me to Mach V in Sterling who I called, but does not have a road force machine either.

My questions for you all:
    Should I ditch the 2 runflats in the rear, which only have 6k on them?
    Does anyone have experience with Mach V, or is there someplace else I should visit who has a more sensitive road force balance machine (which I think I need since the tires are plugged)?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate all the help and hope I can get my car back to feeling the way it did when I bought it!
    Haven't heard that steel belt story before, plugs are actually best when through a steel belt, they will work their way back out if not through a belt,hence, no sidewall repairs. btw, I haven't balanced my last hundred or so tires, and don't get any vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I've gone to Wal-Mart, Mr. Tire, Merchant's, and Sears for all my tire needs that Tire Rack cannot solve over the past few years. I'm pretty sure any tire shop could figure out the problem. I'm not from VA, but why go to a specialty/performance shop for tires? I always go to a tire shop.

I think Radial Tire in Silver Spring is still one of our supporters and is usually highly recommended, but that is probably too far for you to travel?
    I lived in Wheaton for 10 or so years, and took a few cars there. Great service and very knowledgeable. They are always busy. I actually gave them a call too and was told that they don't have a Hunter Road Force Balance Machine and did admit that they often have trouble with BMWs and other high end autos.

Thread Information