Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/13/2011 - Summer Tour Pie Run
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 08/13/2011 - Summer Tour Pie Run

08/13/2011 - Summer Tour Pie Run

Save the date!
    Details to follow.

Looking forward to a nice ride!

Any update on the details?

looking forward to this! any update??

Pie run in mid July

When can we expect more info on the run??

Looking forward to more details!

New date!

BMW CCA - National Capital Chapter - Social & Spectator @ Catoctin Mountain Orchard

GREAT PIE RUN #4

WHEN: August 13 at 9:00am SHARP from the top of Sugarloaf Mtn. Click the link to see how to get to the top of the mountain:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=79...a=1,2&t=h&z=15

Note: We leave at 9am, but please plan to be there by 8:30a to sign-in, get route information, and other preparations.

Stop #1: Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Thurmont, MD (near Camp David). A few of us have been known to leave CMO w/ 12+ pies. CMO is a Mom & Pop operation specializing in homemade pies, either baked or frozen. They also have fresh fruits, preserves, jams, jellies, dressings and cider.

Note: I highly recommend ordering your pies ahead of time since we are a large group. The pies can be ordered freshly baked or frozen. Some people brought a cooler with them to keep their pies from sliding around in the trunk, especially since we have a lot more fun driving to do. When you place your order, reference the "BMW group" as the group you are with. The pies range in price from $8.95-$10.95. Check their site for the different types of pie. If you are more of the spirited driving type then ordering the frozen pies may be a good idea.

IMPORTANT: The deadline for calling or emailing in orders for pies is COB, Thursday, August 11th. Pies I have eaten: Apple Walnut, Strawberry, Cherry Crumb, Peach, Peach Blueberry, Blueberry, Four Berry.

Stop #2: Schmankerl Stube in Hagerstown, MD for lunch. We have gone here many times in the past and they have excellent, authentic German food. The owner is from Munich. There is also a copy of their menu on the site. Everyone who went on the first two runs have had high praise for the food. The lunch menu is reasonably priced @ around $10/entree. If you want to order the Knusperige Schweinshaxe (pork shank), I need to let him know two days in advance as so he can order the meat from the butcher. I know it says 24 hrs on the menu, but since he is preparing this earlier than it is usually served I have agreed to 48 hrs. People who ordered it in January could not finish the dish. Can you say doggie bag!?! DO NOT CALL THE RESTAURANT TO PLACE ORDER. There is a parking garage behind the restaurant. When we did the other runs the garage was completely empty when we arrived and when we departed. So, issues w/ door ding and other damage should not be a problem. We will also have use of the biergarten.

Stop #3: From Schmankerl Stube, we will travel to Loudoun County, VA for an afternoon wine tasting (winery TBD). Everyone who has attended the past pie runs had high praise for the wine selection. Afterwards, you can either go home or hit the Leesburg Outlets.

The route is full of fun, empty, twisty roads. This will be a great day for a drive with people who share your obsession.

This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

Registration will be through Motorsportreg.com
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 07-24-2011 at 05:36 PM.

I just registered.

I highly recommend Chrysalis Vineyards. http://www.chrysaliswine.com/begin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I highly recommend Chrysalis Vineyards. http://www.chrysaliswine.com/begin.htm
    Highly rec the wines or the scenery or have you left a little tire residue there and used the vineyard at a slalom course.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    Highly rec the wines or the scenery or have you left a little tire residue there and used the vineyard at a slalom course.
    Both the wine and scenery is great. Lots of nice backroads on the way there too.

Does anyone else's registration on motorsport still show pending review?

Thanks,
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
    Does anyone else's registration on motorsport still show pending review?

Thanks,
    Doug
    All will show pending until the registrar accepts everyone in, which will happen eventually. For tours, once you're registered, you're in, unlike some other events.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    All will show pending until the registrar accepts everyone in, which will happen eventually. For tours, once you're registered, you're in, unlike some other events.
    Thanks! I wasn't sure because I saw a note that they can only have as many as the restaurant can hold.

Good stuff though! This will be my first event and I'm looking forward to it.

Thread Information