Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New member with 328xi

Thread: New member with 328xi

New member with 328xi

Hi All,

New member with a 328xi sedan. We had to sell our 325is coupe when we had our son. First we bought a Volvo, but quickly replaced that with a X3. Well I finally sold my Explorer and ordered a loaded 328xi!

I'm hoping to see some of you out on the track at Summit Point, but I will be driving my '65 Mustang for track days.

Tim

Tim,

Welcome! Upgrading from the Explorer to a minty fresh 328xi is excellent.

Most of the track guys aren't active on the forums here, but our chapter has TOP NOTCH drivers' schools if you haven't attended on in the past. If you have, you already know this

Can I have some more details about your '65 pony? Have any online photos? I'm a sucker for American iron.

Jonathan Thayer

Thanks for the welcome Jonathan, I'm a sucker for pic requests so here's some shots of my Mustang:

Thanks,
    Tim

nice pics Tim and welcome!!!

hope to see you at future events
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I'm curious to find out a little more about your Mustang.

(I need to update my sig -- my '65 drop-top was sold out from under me by an unscrupulous co-signer.)

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    nice pics Tim and welcome!!!

hope to see you at future events
    Thanks Paul, I plan to sign up for the June 25-26 driver school. I will be driving my Mustang, but wearing a BMW shirt.

Before we had our son, we had a 325is coupe, but it just wasn't practical. We ended up selling it and getting a Volvo for a year, but couldn't stand it. We sold the volvo as soon as possibe and bought an X3. When it came time to unload my Explorer, I could have sprung for an M3, but I would have had to sell the Mustang. So I opted for a fully loaded 328 for my daily commute.

I know the M3 would school my Mustang, but I've had the Mustang since '86 and have put a wrench to every bolt on the car by now. It's a hand full to drive, but a real blast.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    I'm curious to find out a little more about your Mustang.

(I need to update my sig -- my '65 drop-top was sold out from under me by an unscrupulous co-signer.)
    I bought it back in '86 and have changed out the entire drive line and replace all of the suspension components, some things more then once. I never bothered with trying to maintain the stock condition, everything is improved/updated.
    347 roller cam stroker (471 fwhp)
    Throttle body fuel injection
    Heavy duty 5 speed transmission
    9" rear end with traction lock and 3.70 gears
    4 disc Wilwood brakes (13" front, 12" rear)
    225/45/17 front tires
    255/40/17 rear tires
    power windows
    power door locks
    modern stereo
    MORE

Thanks for asking.
    Tim

Hello All,

I am new member and I too have a 328xi. Its my first BMW and I love it!

Brenna

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluebimmer View Post
    Hello All,

I am new member and I too have a 328xi. Its my first BMW and I love it!

Brenna
    welcome, as a fellow HoCo resident, hope to see you at our next Columbia social
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Hi all,
    I became a vintage BMW owner in April (E30, 1990 325i), purchased it from my son (who is a Master BMW Technician), and I finally understand what the Ultimate Drive is all about. Even at 20+ years of age (the 325i) and a rebuilt engine and a MTech's tweeking, this vehicle is giving me a new lease on life. My first upgrade (other than small issues to keep her road-worthy) was BMW CCA tags. I am planning on getting a new paint finish after I finish restoring the interrior (which appear to be in great shape). I'll be posting pics as the renew continues. I'm looking forward to participating in the NCC Schools, and visiting the rally/racing tracks. I've been learning every thing I can about the 325i; I don't mind looking dumb when I ask (just as long as I keep learning...)

Thread Information