Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need Help - Arlington Virginia area, local auction pickup

Thread: Need Help - Arlington Virginia area, local auction pickup

Need Help - Arlington Virginia area, local auction pickup

Hello from Seattle!

The guys at the national BMWCCA suggested I post here. I need some help in a big way. I want to bid on a couple of old Sun exhaust gas analyzers through a local auction in the Arlington, Virginia area and am trying to round up some help to pick them up, package an ship them to me in Seattle. I would, of course, pay for everything, including your time. I've never done this before and am quickly realizing what kind of challenge this might be. It's a "local pickup only" type auction with no shipping options of any kind. If I can arrange for someone to help me with logistics in or near Arlington, I'd like to get these units. I've already restored 2 of them and these would make a great source of parts for my next project. They're somewhat rare and are worth the effort (for me, at least!)

The auction is for 2 units. Each unit is a smaller one (SGA-9000) on a roller cart. The head comes off the cart easily and would make 2 shipments (1 machine, 1 cart) via UPS. I could send you all the packing materials, pre-paid return shipping labels, call for pickup, etc.

If anyone would be willing to help me out AND have huge favor credits in the Seattle area, please respond to this post and I'll get back to you ASAP. Or, let me know some ideas on how else I could get this done. I need to bid before May 26. There's still no guarantee I'll win the auction, but just in case, I wanted to first see if it were possible to get local help.

Thanks a lot!

Ty Bartosh

'01 330i
    '01 325xi
    '94 K75S

UPDATE: All I really need is for someone to pick up the machines and take them to a FedEx Office center a few blocks away. They would handle all the packing and shipping. If anyone in the DC/Arlington area can help me, please let me know. Looks like all that would be required is a pickup or van for about an hour.

Thanks,

Ty Bartosh

'01 330i
    '01 325xi
    '94 K75S
    '10 Toyota Tacoma

Thread Information