Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 07/30/2011 - Autocross School #2 @ Prince Georges Stadium - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 07/30/2011 - Autocross School #2 @ Prince Georges Stadium

Do you need instructors? I'd be happy to instruct again.
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Can i just come and hang out to see if this interest me? I have never been to a autoX before.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcatz View Post
    I'd suggest reaching out to Doug or Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I'd suggest reaching out to Doug or Adam.
    I do not have a current confirmed instructor list so I am unaware of our current needs. In general though, we like to have more instructors than fewer. I would send Doug an email to find out.

doug.ducote@gmail.com

-- Adam

Sure! You would probably end up helping shag cones though =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    And a "Show and Shine" is like having a cigarette.
    I've been trying to find out why it's called "Show and Shine". Shouldn't it be the other way around? Or do you shine at the event?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by hepcatz View Post
    I can't make it, so assuming you know what you're doing... take my place. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 335TWNTURBO View Post
    Can i just come and hang out to see if this interest me? I have never been to a autoX before.
    Feel free to come out, although if you enjoy driving I'm sure this will interest you lol. If you have never done a performance driving event or anything before this is a great event to start with, you get a ton of seat time, and one on one time with instructors.
    NCC Autocross Committee

2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i Titanium Silver
    2014 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen Candy White

I ended up getting an e-mail right after I posted since I instructed previously so I'll be there.
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

registered to get some seat time, of course, I can always learn something new ...

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I've been trying to find out why it's called "Show and Shine". Shouldn't it be the other way around? Or do you shine at the event?
    Not sure,Woody, never made it to one, I think they frown on 3 wheelin' into your spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I can't make it, so assuming you know what you're doing... take my place. Thanks.
    Noooo - say it ain't so Biggins! If you can make Adam a better driver, I was hoping you could work your magic for me ;-)

Anyone know what time the schoolbell rings? 8am - had to dig a little deeper, but found the schedule!
    Last edited by leigh_washburn; 07-28-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Answered my own question!

Quote Originally Posted by leigh_washburn View Post
    Noooo - say it ain't so Biggins! If you can make Adam a better driver, I was hoping you could work your magic for me ;-)

Anyone know what time the schoolbell rings? 8am - had to dig a little deeper, but found the schedule!
    Wait what?? =p

I responded to the e-mail requesting instructors (in the affirmative), but I haven't heard anything back from anyone. So, how do I know if I'm on the list and expected? Is there an "official" list of instructors anywhere?

Thanks.

Michael
    Michael
    Current: 2009 MX-5 Miata in X4.
    In Prep: 1995 MX-5 Miata in X4.

For those who need it, here's the schedule:

08:00 AM – Students Arrive

08:15 AM- Welcome to Autocross
    •Student check-in
    •All students must sign insurance waiver.
    •What should I expect from today?
    •How will this make me a better driver?

08:30 AM - Tech Inspection Overview
    •What is tech inspection?
    •How do you perform a tech inspection?
    •Students tech inspect another classmates vehicle.

09:00 AM - Working The Course Overview
    •What is working the course?
    •Why is working the course important?
    •What are the different worker positions?
    •What are cone penalties and how are the assessed?
    •What should I do in case of an on course emergency?

09:15 AM - First Concepts Classroom Session

10:00 AM – Morning Driving Exercises
    •Three 40 minute driving sessions with personal instruction on three different short courses

12:00 PM - Lunch Time
    •Lunch provided for all attendees.

12:30 PM - Advanced Classroom Session

01:15 PM - Guided Coursewalk
    •How do I walk a course?
    •Why is walking the course necessary?
    •How do you remember all of this?

01:45 PM – Afternoon Driving Exercises
    •Driving sessions with personal instruction on the full course. Target of 5 runs each.

04:00 PM – Course Completion/Lot Cleanup
    •Students to assist with packing up all autocross equipment.

Students: The more punctual to 8:00am you are, the more seat time you get. Be there!

Thread Information