Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/01/2011 - College Park Meet

Thread: 05/01/2011 - College Park Meet

05/01/2011 - College Park Meet

May 1, 2011
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cpmeet.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	1316  

I have reserved 100 spaces for BMWCCA, first come, first serve. This is a HUGE event every year, so much so that it outgrew the University of Maryland.

Many people are meeting at the College Park Ikea at 11am and leaving at 11:30a to head to FedEx. The caravan should be really big as there's a big following on the many BMW internet sites.

If anyone is interested in helping with parking control, please let me know.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I love the use of FIA curbing in the advertisement yet the event has no motorsport component. ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I love the use of FIA curbing in the advertisement yet the event has no motorsport component. ROFL!
    yep, just a big car show

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    yep, just a big car show
    You know ... it would be cool if we could coordinate with one of these events in the future and provide an autocross (or similar) to compliment their event. Get some DS guys out talking about Drivers' schools too. Maybe we can get some of these hardparkers interested in our club and participating in our autocross / drivers' school programs. I like car shows (especially ones with mixed makes), but I think it's even COOLER to hear those modified monsters run!

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    You know ... it would be cool if we could coordinate with one of these events in the future and provide an autocross (or similar) to compliment their event. Get some DS guys out talking about Drivers' schools too. Maybe we can get some of these hardparkers interested in our club and participating in our autocross / drivers' school programs. I like car shows (especially ones with mixed makes), but I think it's even COOLER to hear those modified monsters run!
    I did approach these guys about AX and they were more concerned about it being the first year at FedEx (previous years were at UMD). I connected Doug with the guys running ///MPact at M&T Stadium in Baltimore, but not sure where that stands. They did express interest when I spoke to them in March. As for Bimmerfest, since its at Ripken, I didn't even ask.

In both instances, once I knew they secured the location, I was all over it. I hoped that since they paid for the lot, we could then put on the show with little costs on our behalf (other than insurance and production costs).
    Last edited by pseto; 04-29-2011 at 01:56 PM.

From what's been posted on the CPT forum, the event has been canceled. Seems like they can't afford FedEx..

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Yep, cancelled

Thread Information