Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 10/15/2011 - Street Survival - Sykesville MD

Thread: 10/15/2011 - Street Survival - Sykesville MD

10/15/2011 - Street Survival - Sykesville MD

Maryland DPSCS Driver Training Facility
    Sykesville MD
    Saturday, October 15th, 7:30AM- 4:00PM

The primary emphasis of the Tire Rack Street Survival® is a "hands-on" driving experience in real-world situations! We use your own car to teach you about its handling limits and how you can control them. The students will become more observant of the traffic situation they find themselves in. They will learn to look far enough ahead to anticipate unwise actions of other drivers. As the students master the application of physics to drive their cars, they will make fewer unwise driving actions themselves. They will understand why they should always wear their own seatbelts, and why they should insist that their passengers wear seatbelts, too.
    It's about more than driving - it's about LIVING!

All Schools $75.

See the FAQ page at: www.streetsurvival.org/frequently-asked-questions.php

REGISTRATION

How many spots are usually available?

Quote Originally Posted by 1M3ANM3 View Post
    How many spots are usually available?
    IIRC: Approx. 20 spots.

Hi everyone,

The good news is that we have 33 students registered for this event on Saturday! This promises to be the largest turn-out we've had for one of our schools.

The bad news is that we could use a few extra instructors. If you are a qualified instructor who is available on Saturday, we could certainly use your help (please). If you don't know whether you are "qualified", just send me a note with your driving / teaching experience and I'll let you know.

Please send me an IM on here or simply reply to this thread.

Thanks for all your help and support of this important program.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

My son is going to this tomorrow....I hope he comes back with a better understanding of defensive driving. I think they also give him (well, I mean me!) some $$ off insurance. Awesome.
    lrosie89
    2009 328xi - Lil' Red

I can make it if you need a hand.
    NCC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can make it if you need a hand.
    Pete, they could use as many volunteers as possible. I was going to head out but some idiot rear ended me today and I'm not feeling great.

Quote Originally Posted by lrosie89 View Post
    My son is going to this tomorrow....I hope he comes back with a better understanding of defensive driving. I think they also give him (well, I mean me!) some $$ off insurance. Awesome.
    Good for you! Thank you for encouraging your son to be one of the few safe drivers on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Pete, they could use as many volunteers as possible. I was going to head out but some idiot rear ended me today and I'm not feeling great.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you weren't in the coupe. It would have been good to catch up.

Try and rest and get better. Last thing you want is to prolonging any pain.
    NCC

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Good for you! Thank you for encouraging your son to be one of the few safe drivers on the road.
    Wow! I asked my son how his day went and he said that he learned a lot and had fun?!?!? (He was in a green 99 Passat) Usually, you wont get that kind of response from my son. He is pretty blase about most things.

I told him he should join this forum and possibly become an instructor someday...You all must have done something right...THANKS! And thanks for helping him be a safer driver, too.
    lrosie89
    2009 328xi - Lil' Red

Thread Information