Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) AutoX Classing Question

Thread: (2011) AutoX Classing Question

Question (2011) AutoX Classing Question

I'm looking to register for the upcoming autocross, and I'm not entirely sure on which class is appropriate for my 1986 325e. I'm not sure if the E36 rack and pinion swap I did when I refreshed my front suspension would move my car from Tuner 4 to Modified 4. My car's otherwise stock, aside from E36 M3 bushings on the front control arms, and a manifold-back "custom" exhaust from the previous owner.

I think you will be fine with T4.

Not precisely a classing question, but asking here is better than starting a new thread. My factory battery hold down was missing when I bought the car, and when I got a replacement, I found that the bolt for the retainer doesn't have anything to spin into. In the meantime, I put together a system of three zip ties to hold the battery in place, and it works quite well. Would this cause me to not pass tech?

Possibly, can't make a judgment without seeing it though... no chance you can rig something up in the next week?

Quote Originally Posted by UserError View Post
    Not precisely a classing question, but asking here is better than starting a new thread. My factory battery hold down was missing when I bought the car, and when I got a replacement, I found that the bolt for the retainer doesn't have anything to spin into. In the meantime, I put together a system of three zip ties to hold the battery in place, and it works quite well. Would this cause me to not pass tech?
    we would have to see it to pass judgement

just get an aluminum strip from home depot and some threaded rods.....easy battery tie-down for 5 bucks

or go to the auto parts store!

Thread Information