Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) Old Dominion Speedway - Length And Quality?

Thread: (2011) Old Dominion Speedway - Length And Quality?

(2011) Old Dominion Speedway - Length And Quality?

Hi,

I am trying to plan ahead and figure out which events I will be coming to.

About how long (in seconds) is the typical autocross at Old Dominion?
    How does this venue compare to Bowie or the Police training facility in Sykesville?

Thanks,
    Scott

I think Old Dominion is a new venue for us. I know we haven't been there the last couple years. It doesn't look a particularly large site, so maybe Sam can build a little more "tightness" into the course to add time to our runs

put a triple roundabout in it so I can getz sidewayz yo.....

There is no "typical" since we've never run there before. And a course at any facility can vary in length from 15 seconds to 2-minutes depending on how much the designer wants to re-use parts of the course.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

We usually try to give more runs if the course ends up being short, so you end up getting about the same seat time. Honestly, it is probably around 4 min of seat time total, if you live north of Baltimore like me it ends up being like 4 hrs of drive time for 4 min of seat time...proving the addictive aspect of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    There is no "typical" since we've never run there before. And a course at any facility can vary in length from 15 seconds to 2-minutes depending on how much the designer wants to re-use parts of the course.
    I can recall a O'Fest ax in New Hampshire that was 25 seconds, 15 would be a record!

BMW's M Day in 1998 on a taxi-way at the Greenville-Spartanburg airport. Everyone used the M Coupes provided by the factory. The best times were somewhere in the 15-second range. In fact Brian set FTD, and my time was good enough to make one of the relay teams with Brian and Hans Stuck!
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    BMW's M Day in 1998 on a taxi-way at the Greenville-Spartanburg airport. Everyone used the M Coupes provided by the factory. The best times were somewhere in the 15-second range. In fact Brian set FTD, and my time was good enough to make one of the relay teams with Brian and Hans Stuck!
    Were you there when Hans was the starter at the Spartanburg O'fest AX on the factory road course. classic

Sure I was there. Not the safest facility for an autocross, but it will be used for a time trial on the One Lap of America next month for the third time in the last four or five years.
    Woody

Thread Information