Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) Mini Cooper Countryman S? Go Or No-Go For Autocross?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: (2011) Mini Cooper Countryman S? Go Or No-Go For Autocross?

(2011) Mini Cooper Countryman S? Go Or No-Go For Autocross?

My wife and I are looking into trading in the M roadster and our Jeep for a Countryman S. Well... to be fair we're debating between the countryman and the clubman S. Either way we're looking at a stick (though the auto with the paddles is really, really fun too).

All that said the Countryman is SUV-ish though it is a mini (and certainly drives like one!). Since we don't allow SUV's and since I don't know where this one is classified, I thought I'd ask the powers that be on this.

On a brighter note: My wife will now be autocrossing. I'll be DD'ing the IS250 (might autocross that one myself) and she'll be DD'ing the mini (whichever flavor we get).

What traction control?

You didn't answer my question from last night - do both have the same center of gravity as the regular mini?

You'd be fine with either for autocrossing and family truckster duties. I slightly prefer the Clubman, but a few neighbors now have the Countryman and it's only slightly taller than a Mini. If you get the AWD Countryman, you should try rallycrossing it since it's the new WRC vehicle of choice for BMW/Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    You'd be fine with either for autocrossing and family truckster duties. I slightly prefer the Clubman, but a few neighbors now have the Countryman and it's only slightly taller than a Mini. If you get the AWD Countryman, you should try rallycrossing it since it's the new WRC vehicle of choice for BMW/Mini.
    Hey Chris, you'd probably know this - are these new variants of the MINI class by the SCCA yet?

George, if they are officially classed by the SCCA, there should be no problem autocrossing it with any other organization.

I've seen Foresters out there... can't be any worse than that. Especially if you don't run race tires.

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

I wouldn't be worried about anything Mini. I know the Clubman is classed, but the Countryman might still be too new. I've seen Ford Rangers and Lightnings at autocrosses in PA which embarassed many cars.

George, it's not like you drive fast on the autocross course anyways. Besides the countryman will have more ground clearance for when you put it in the mud off-course

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    George, it's not like you drive fast on the autocross course anyways. Besides the countryman will have more ground clearance for when you put it in the mud off-course
    lol
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    You didn't answer my question from last night - do both have the same center of gravity as the regular mini?
    Sorry. Didn't have my phone on me when you sent the text back.

Anyway we're probably going to get rid of the BMW and Jeep on Wednesday. Since the businesses are buying this it'll probably be the 4 wheel drive one (S of course! ...gotta make sure we can a) haul stuff, b) make it through the snow, and c) get good gas mileage.)

Paul: If you want the sub and sub box let me know ASAP. If I don't get a text from you tonight or tomorrow it's going with the car. If so I have some wiring to do... (I'll need to hook the rear speakers up to the stock amp. Luckily this is easy enough the way I wired it!). I have a 10" Kenwood in it now with a nice grill. It hits pretty hard and would most certainly fill in the sound on your roady.

If anyone wants to buy it: $7,500. It has 144,500 miles, an M50 manifold, DINAN tune, intake with heat shield (have the stock box if you want to go back to stock), Forbes-installed subframe reinforcement, and an aftermarket CD player with one of the better roadster sound systems you'll find. The bad: dent in the driver's side rocker, front bumper and hood need to be repainted, and it has a CEL (probably the secondary air pump valve but I haven't completely narrowed it down yet) and needs a new rear window. For $8,500 I'll fix all that (but will need $1,000 down. Will create and sign a contract, etc.). It's a great little car. The engine is very, very strong. Dyno'd at 219 at the rear wheels, estimated at 170-ish at the crank. Recently changed the water pump and thermostat. Cooling system is in good shape (known weak point on the S52).

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about anything Mini. I know the Clubman is classed, but the Countryman might still be too new. I've seen Ford Rangers and Lightnings at autocrosses in PA which embarassed many cars.
    New isn't the word: there isn't one out there that doesn't have the new car scent.

That said I'd love to drive a 4-banger and beat Mark in his mighty S54... lulz

I'll probably autocross the ISlow250 and Katy will run the Cooper. In which case I'm sure I'll be getting beat by a girl. Wouldn't be the first time...

What traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by gbauer View Post
    Sorry. Didn't have my phone on me when you sent the text back.

Anyway we're probably going to get rid of the BMW and Jeep on Wednesday. Since the businesses are buying this it'll probably be the 4 wheel drive one (S of course! ...gotta make sure we can a) haul stuff, b) make it through the snow, and c) get good gas mileage.)

Paul: If you want the sub and sub box let me know ASAP. If I don't get a text from you tonight or tomorrow it's going with the car. If so I have some wiring to do... (I'll need to hook the rear speakers up to the stock amp. Luckily this is easy enough the way I wired it!). I have a 10" Kenwood in it now with a nice grill. It hits pretty hard and would most certainly fill in the sound on your roady.

If anyone wants to buy it: $7,500. It has 144,500 miles, an M50 manifold, DINAN tune, intake with heat shield (have the stock box if you want to go back to stock), Forbes-installed subframe reinforcement, and an aftermarket CD player with one of the better roadster sound systems you'll find. The bad: dent in the driver's side rocker, front bumper and hood need to be repainted, and it has a CEL (probably the secondary air pump valve but I haven't completely narrowed it down yet) and needs a new rear window. For $8,500 I'll fix all that (but will need $1,000 down. Will create and sign a contract, etc.). It's a great little car. The engine is very, very strong. Dyno'd at 219 at the rear wheels, estimated at 170-ish at the crank. Recently changed the water pump and thermostat. Cooling system is in good shape (known weak point on the S52).
    George, you are short selling it. Hold it and get more money.

If you're looking for a quick sale, put it on Craigslist and BF.c. I wish I could pick it up for a beater - but I don't have the money or time right now.

That said I'd love to drive a 4-banger and beat Mark in his mighty S54... lulz
    Not gonna happen. I promise you that

Quote Originally Posted by mscire2 View Post
    Not gonna happen. I promise you that
    George, can I drive the Mini? I'd like to school Mark. Kthx.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    George, you are short selling it. Hold it and get more money.

If you're looking for a quick sale, put it on Craigslist and BF.c. I wish I could pick it up for a beater - but I don't have the money or time right now.
    It all comes down to what they offer for trade in. I, personally, don't want the hassle of dealing with the sale. I put it up for sale last year and didn't get a single inquiry. It's not a coupe ya know...

What traction control?

It all comes down to what they offer for trade in. I, personally, don't want the hassle of dealing with the sale. I put it up for sale last year and didn't get a single inquiry. It's not a coupe ya know...
    Have you taken it to CarMax to get an offer? I would, just so that I would know the absolute floor.

Thread Information