Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
highway safety school - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: highway safety school

My car is not techable right now, rear main is leaking a little bit.

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    If this is delaying tech inspection, let me know.
    Steve:

Any idea when the packets might be going out (if they haven't already)? I'm only asking because of the tech inspection. The first week in May I have Jury Duty so I really only have next week and the week after to get an appointment and get it all done. Not rushing anyone; I know it's a lot of work and I truly appreciate everything that you all do for the Chapter. Even if you can just email a PDF of the tech form I'll print it on yellow paper and get it done. Thanks.

Todd

Does it have to be on special paper? Dan Martin just teched my car for Audi event in 10 days or so, if I had the form, maybe he could do that one as well. Although, if events are so close together, should I re-tech after each event? I mean, for events like BMW/Mazda when you are there for 4 days...

-- Jason

I will have my car teched for multiple events, BUT I would retech it if I felt in the least that something was wrong. Also I am cautious about my brakes, tires and brake fluid. Just because a car passed tech for one event does not mean it is good for the next one. Bottom line it is the responsibility of the driver. I mean I don't normally have the brake pads or tires on the car when I go through tech. But I do know better than to drive on corded tires.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Pssst.... have the packets gone out yet?

I keep forgettign to call in the eve...does Doug have email?

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    I keep forgettign to call in the eve...does Doug have email?
    It's on the administration page (http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?administration). I don't want to post it directly (avoiding spam).

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

His reply
    "I got them on Sunday and am working on them now. Hope to ship them
    to printing tonight. Will mail as soon as I get them back - this week."

-- Jason

Wife got her packet yesterday for the 7 May HSS so they have been sent
    --Steve
    Enzianblau 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

I got mine as well

My son is attending the HSS and DE. This is his first school.

The car is just now getting teched and they balked on his tires being worn. I've run tires with very little tread at other chapter events, but I'm not sure how the NCC runs their schools. So, after a lot of hesitation I gave the go-ahead to replace the tires with Yokohama Avid V4s (not the best choice, but good enough for a start). My real concern is for tread chunking. Any advice or suggestions? Run higher/lower pressures?

I'll be instructing on Sunday. I read this thread with great interest. A lot of good advice was given but, for a first-timer at the track, some of the recommendations are for more than a newbie needs. That is, IMHO.

All a newbie needs is a properly teched car and a helmet. The helmet can be a loaner. I don't think anyone should go out a spend a lot for the latest SA-rated helmet without first getting some idea if track events are for you. A few years ago a guy I know spent quite a bit for an SA-rated helmet and this was for his first HPDE. At that event, he learned that high-performance driving was not for him, so his first event became his last, and he sold that helmet for a big loss.

Just my $.02.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

For the HSS, should be no problems with chunking. The DE for a novice it is also unlikely. Just keep an eye on the tires.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

I think if an independent is doing tech and says you need tires, you need tires. Even if you weren't doing a driving event I think it's pretty important to have a well maintained car for the street. Many people never even check their air pressure let alone look at their wear bars on tires.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I sent an email to the registrar but have not heard a response. My car is not going to be ready -- I can bring "a" car -- or something; but, would prefer to defer the monetary amount of the school to the next BMWCCA school at the main circuit, if possible.

Please advise.

Thread Information