Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
e36 m3 on board computer (OBC)

Thread: e36 m3 on board computer (OBC)

e36 m3 on board computer (OBC)

Hi all,

Does anyone know if I need to look for an OBC for m3 specifically or any e36 obc will work? I currently have 11button obc and most pixels have burnt out. I would like to replace it with an 18-button one, but I need to know which one to look for.

Thank you.

You can use any OBC from just about any E36. The 18-Button conversion is a little bit of work but not that bad. Here's a decent write-up.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...BD_Convert.htm

Or you could gut it and just put the face back in ...

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    You can use any OBC from just about any E36. The 18-Button conversion is a little bit of work but not that bad. Here's a decent write-up.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...BD_Convert.htm
    I've read that article. The scariest part was removing the airbag and the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    I've read that article. The scariest part was removing the airbag and the steering wheel.
    Don't be scared of that. Disconnect the battery and nothing bad can happen. No electricity = no chance of airbag deployment.

I agree just disconnect the battery (-) and wait a few minutes. There's no way you can deploy it then. I've taken them out even with the battery connected and never had one go off. Just make sure you don't turn the key on while the air bag is out otherwise it'll trip the warning light.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thread Information