Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E39 electrical problem after dead battery

Thread: E39 electrical problem after dead battery

E39 electrical problem after dead battery

Ok, so I screwed up and didn't drive my 540 for a couple weeks and the battery died. I am not sure yet if I need to change the battery or not, but probably will. We got it started with a jump start and after a nice battery charging drive, she starts back up without any problem. One strange thing I noticed is that my passenger side marker light (the one on the side of the fender that only lights when the turn indicator flashes) is on with a slight glow (even when the engine is turned off). If you use the turn indicator, the marker light still flashes, but not on full then completely off like normal. It just sort of glows, then glows brighter and then goes back to the lower glow. The marker on the drivers side, and all the other lights appear to be working as normal. Not sure if this comes into play or not, but the alarm went off twice when we were trying to stop start the car. Anyway, my biggest concern is why this one light glows even when everything is turned off, and the alarm is set.

You might want to try a battery reset first. If not I'd try a cluster reset(its very complicated and would probably have to be done at the shop) A battery reset is rather simple and can be done with the tools in the trunklid. If you need details on how to do a cluster reset, reply and ill get back to you. Its as simple as disconnecting the battery leads and touchin them together for 15 minutes.

Thread Information