Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/27/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium **Canceled** - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 08/27/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium **Canceled**

Quote Originally Posted by dur4ce View Post
    More weather questions:

I'm currently registered for Non-BMW 2 in the afternoon. Would it be possible to change that to morning? Updates to registrations get me an "organizer has disabled changes" message on Motorsportsreg.com.

Thanks!
    I asked the same question earlier in this thread....I think I'm just going to plan to show up for the AM session. Doesn't seem that many people are registered so I can't see why we couldn't switch when we get there.

Probably should just wait till tomorrow afternoon to decide. If the hurricane arrives as forcast on Saturday afternoon I would think the entire event would be cancelled. I can't see any sense in setting up for saturday morning and then trying to clean up in 100 mph winds on saturday afternoon. Plus just think how much fun it will be towing the club trailer home in that.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    Probably should just wait till tomorrow afternoon to decide. If the hurricane arrives as forcast on Saturday afternoon I would think the entire event would be cancelled. I can't see any sense in setting up for saturday morning and then trying to clean up in 100 mph winds on saturday afternoon. Plus just think how much fun it will be towing the club trailer home in that.

Joe
    the most recent forecast I've seen looks like this area won't be getting much of anything (even rain) until saturday night, and when it does it will be 30-40mph winds.....

forecast i just pulled up shows the rain and wind starts at 9am.....

amazing....total forecase on weather.com has changed in a 2-hour span. These local weather guys......just taking wild guesses it seems.

meh, I'll run in rain and wind. It'll save me from the hassle of putting the shaved tires on the car
    Last edited by irish44j; 08-25-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Joe brings up a valid point....

As someone who has pulled an enclosed trailer....even 40mph crosswinds will cause a need for a change of pants more than once. Also, the cones will probably start to float a bit once the heavy rains starts.

My fingers are crossed that it will stay dry until the evening...

here's my proposed event schedule:

5am: tech
    530am: course walk
    6am (daybreak): first car off

we'll all be home before lunchtime and the heavy weather

414 Water Street Tower Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD
    OK Peeps,

When are we going to get a "Go" / "No Go" for launch? I think we are all ready to run...

I think we are going to be fine. The storm is going to blow in later in the evening.

Making a decision (Yes or No) earlier would be better than later. Please post as soon as possible

Thanks in advance to all the club members who work hard to produce these events.

///RK

Quote Originally Posted by roykobs View Post
    OK Peeps,

When are we going to get a "Go" / "No Go" for launch? I think we are all ready to run...

I think we are going to be fine. The storm is going to blow in later in the evening.

Making a decision (Yes or No) earlier would be better than later. Please post as soon as possible

Thanks in advance to all the club members who work hard to produce these events.

///RK
    We are working on a decision now. The forcast is constantly changing which is complicating things. We will post information here as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding!!

The Volvo in M2 is my co-driver.

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool View Post
    We are working on a decision now. The forcast is constantly changing which is complicating things. We will post information here as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding!!
    I've already loaded up my boogie board and a speedo, and my bilge pump is in the basement sump hole with a fresh E30 battery standing by.I have a gallon of tap water and 3 granola bars to get me through to Monday.I'm also ready for anarchy, I could be King of Md. by tue.

I have mounted heavy machineguns on top of othe subaru in place of my bike rails. Just incase the zombie apocalypse happens during the hurricane.

latest weather channel forecast for Waldorf Saturday:

Showers in the morning, becoming a steady rain in the afternoon. Windy. Humid. High near 80F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

Sounds like we'll be fine. Just don't bring your slicks or shaved tires, lol. I think the heavy winds aren't expected until the evening, if at all in this area.

just got a cancellation email.

that blows.

the roadster guys must have bribed the organizers

8/27 NCCAutocross Event Cancelled

Due to Hurricane Irene's revised path and potential effects on the area this Saturday’s NCC autocross event has been cancelled. We are working diligently to get a new date setup and/or get credits for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at nccautocross.com and we will answer your questions ASAP.

Thread Information